Great News!

pilot#476398

I think what you need to understand is that there is not now and probably never will be a shortage of inexperienced entry level pilots. You have to pay your dews and get some time.

The good news is; there is a shortage of skilled and experienced pilots to do the more challenging jobs like utility, fire, or SPIFR. The pilots who are retiring now are not leaving entry level positions (kinda obvious I know).

Stick with it and make yourself stand out. Good luck and fly safe!

• Like 2

I think what you need to understand is that there is not now and probably never will be a shortage of inexperienced entry level pilots. You have to pay your dews and get some time.

I don't need to understand this, HAI does, so they will stop printing articles about it!

Anyway, I was just making a joke about this bullshit that (for some reason) keeps coming back? :rolleyes:

Edited by pilot#476398

No one will ever quit printing stuff like that and it's probably just as well, because it does serve a purpose. It attracts new people to enter the industry and start training, therefore giving that low time CFI a chance to build hours and move on, and the "vicious" cycle repeats itself. lol...sad but true because then all the newbies find out the hard way how difficult it really is to move up the ladder. I for one think we all need to be brutally honest with anyone who is considering getting in to the industry, and tell them up front how difficult it is. Not impossible but extremely difficult.

• Like 1

I am 6'2" tall... I guess I did my part in making taller pilots.... Dang short guys got all the cool

Jobs anyway in the military... ;)

I am 6'2" tall... I guess I did my part in making taller pilots.... Dang short guys got all the cool

Jobs anyway in the military... ;)

To some of us, 6'2" is short....