Time-building with quality

Hi!

I am a European helicopter student.
Can anyone help me with some advice regarding flight schools for time-building?

I am going for 80-100h total in January/febrary.

I currently have 70h in a R22.

I have been in contact with 10-15 different schools, and right now it feels like I will go for someone of theese (or even a mix of 2-3) :

Monalua Hawaii , Specialized Santa Crus , Jerry Trimble McMinnville , Leading Edge Bend , LA-Helicopters.

Im really interested in Busch-flying and mountain flying , so I want to use my money as smart as possible and become a really skilled one.

Can anyone help me with some advice?

I believe its pretty wet at McMinnville in January, but the rates are pretty low, which is something that needs to be taken into consideration.

Thanks

I personally went to Silverhawk in Caldwell Idaho. We have several international student often. There is alot of opportunity to mountain fly with some very experienced pilots and CFI's there as well.

Our school often hosted pilots from Utah that came to do check rides with JT, a local DPE who also flies fires here. Given a chance to fly with him will be an adventure, and a great perspective towards real world bush flying.

I am a European helicopter student.

Can anyone help me with some advice regarding flight schools for time-building?

Call Bristow Academy and talk to them about your aspirations. They will give you the information you’ll need as a European student and (hopefully) not try to sell you anything as they really don’t need your business. Simply put, they are the industry leader when discussing European students….

Lastly, be careful of asking for this type of information on the internet. Consider the majority of replays as “biased” which can cause you grief in the future. What you are attempting to do is a huge investment which should not be left up to internet strangers to guide you….

Edited by Spike

The best way for a 70hr pilot to build time is to get the instrument rating!

That being said, Hawaii is a great place to fly. Jerry's touchdown auto course is great! Specialized has some really good instructors. There's also boatpix? The flying is fun, however I wouldn't time build more than 20 hours and make sure you are the one flying (i.e. don't let them talk you into paying to take pictures)!