International Offshore

zero610

Anyone have experience regarding international offshore flying. I have a US ATP cert. Most/all of the jobs I've seen want the local country certification (ATP or Commercial). Is it up to the pilot to handle all of the conversions or is that something the company usually does?

From what I understand so far, seems like there will be more testing (either written and/or practical) for the country license conversion. Does anyone have experience what all will be involved?

Any information will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

North Sea requires European commercial and ifr multi engine license (40.000 $ conversion faa-easa) plus work permit for a US citizen to be able to work in Europe.

But bristow Nigeria should be duable with faa atp

$40 grand? Holy moly.

Is the demand for pilots there enough that a company might pick that up, or do people pay that much for the sake of working in the North Atlantic?

• 5 months later...

$40 grand? Holy moly.

Is the demand for pilots there enough that a company might pick that up, or do people pay that much for the sake of working in the North Atlantic?

All the major offshore companies in the North Sea are hiring at this point. All the pilots that I ran into at my company are all EU citizens, but since I don't know everybody it could be that some US pilots got a working permit and might be working here as well. A few of the hired pilots got their EASA IR ME ticket sponsored but then you are bonded for 5 years and get paid less initially. But getting sponsored doesn't happen that often. It all depends on how badly they need pilots.

Some of the bigger offshore company operating in the North Sea have also bases in afrika, which require a faa license...at least that's what I heard. If you like working a roster and have some military background try EVERETT AVIATION. They pay well and have interesting flight ops and working environments in Africa and middle Eastern