Stolen Helicopter N623MB

DS_HMMR

N23MB stolen thumbs.jpg TrackThisThread3.gif Author: Clearflight aviation Date: 12/10/2013 6:06:07 PM +0/-0

N623MB a Matte black 1986 MBB105 was stolen from its hangar in Palm springs. The individual reported to have stolen the aircraft is a Foreign national named Marcel Golemme, and he may be trying to get the aircraft across the border into Canada. If anyone sees this aircraft please contact the authorities immediately.

FBI, Homeland security, SoCal FSDO's, and local law enforcement are already on the case.

NO, this is not a REPO, Clearflight aviation owns the helicopter.

Asking all Pilots to keep and eye out for a black BO105, if you see it, report it to authorities immediately.

• Like 1

Hi all,

First, my apologies . . . I accidentally deleted the original post by Clearflight as I thought there were like 3 posts from the same author.

Now a direct question to Clearflight with regard to the original post . . .

When you say, "The individual reported to have stolen the aircraft is a Foreign national named Marcel Golemme" . . . .as 'reported' by whom?

By you? By the press? By the police?

I could not find any news stories on the topic. Just friendly advice . . . but that is a pretty heavy accusation to make in a public forum, so don't set yourself up to be sued for libel if you are not prepared to provide a source to back up the statement.

Thanks.

If the helicopter was actually taken on or around November 20th (20 days ago), then there is no "may be headed for Canada" about it. That ship is LONG gone. And probably not to Canada.

My curiosity is piqued though, as is the interest of all helicopter pilots, I'm sure. One of the people posting about this deal has said that the "thief" took off without "ARROW" or the RFM. Now...why would someone remove those things from a helicopter? I get it that the ship is/was for sale, but even "for sale" aircraft usually don't have the reg and a/w cert removed, much less the flight manual.

Also, the circumstances of the departure are such that indicates it was an "inside job" of sorts...at least the "thief" was obviously known to the aircraft owner and other airport workers (they have his name) and at least did not look out of place or suspicious considering he towed the thing out of the hangar and departed while a mechanic was in there working on another aircraft! Now, is that huge balls, or did he know that no one would suspect or challenge him?

So something's...strange...here. There's a back-story that's probably quite titillating. Or maybe not. Was it repo'd? The owner says no. Was it taken by a disgruntled pilot who didn't get a paycheck in a while? That wouldn't be so unusual in this business, and hey, what pilot who's been stiffed hasn't dreamt of doing that! Or was it taken to engage in some illicit activity? Yeah, probably that second one if I were a betting man.

Will we ever know? Probably not. I know of a Hughes 500C that was "stolen" some years ago from a busy helicopter operator's hangar in a very large city (not saying where). The ship ended up in either Mexico or some Central American country and a pilot was contracted to go down and "steal it back." Or something like that. Sounded implausible at the time, too. But the story of the whole deal was fascinating. I just always wondered how much of it was true. Because you never know.

Hi all,

First, my apologies . . . I accidentally deleted the original post by Clearflight as I thought there were like 3 posts from the same author.

Now a direct question to Clearflight with regard to the original post . . .

When you say, "The individual reported to have stolen the aircraft is a Foreign national named Marcel Golemme" . . . .as 'reported' by whom?

By you? By the press? By the police?

I could not find any news stories on the topic. Just friendly advice . . . but that is a pretty heavy accusation to make in a public forum, so don't set yourself up to be sued for libel if you are not prepared to provide a source to back up the statement.

Thanks.

Admin.

Solid advice, but we have written declaration from an attorney attesting to Mr. Golemme's participation of the flight, as well as the Mechanics eyewitness testimony.

Im sure you have all of your bases covered, but I worked a similar case as a cop in CA. It was a metal fabrication company. One of the partners, in the middle of the night, sold about $250K worth of equipment and left town. Paid off the debt to the bank and told his partners to take him to court if they wanted to. I called him and he admitted it and said "I was a partner in the business, let them sue me." I consulted with the DA and it ended up being 100% civil. No charges filed, no police report taken.

NR.

Helicopter was listed for sale, the ad was removed as soon as the website was notified that the sellor was acting without authorization of the registered owner(s) of the aircraft.

The helicopter was having work done on it, panels were removed including the panels that had the Certs attached, these were left behind behind with the remainder of the interior.

New Hangar as of Oct 1st, new occupants; bad timing for sure. In the interest of transparency, and a lack of “drama”, we will continue to ask nothing more than for anyone who has knowledge of the whereabouts of this helicopter to assist in its return, and that the authorities be contacted immediately if it is spotted.

I would imagine that if this were a “repo” situation, then the request would be to perhaps not call the authorities, and instead contact the company and its owners so that a repossession could take place. This is not the case, we are happy to let justice take its course and after due process, get the aircraft back to its owners.

DS_HMMR

DS_HMMR

VR Veteran Poster

• photo-thumb-16040.jpg?_r=1376497349
  • VR Member
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 15:45

adam32, on 13 Aug 2013 - 11:34, said:snapback.png

To a Lama? :P

nope: UH-1H.

I thought DS HMMR had it for sale to upgrade to a Huey? Whos who now??? Something isn't adding up...

Black Bear:

I thought I read in another post, that this actually happend awhile ago, as in last month or October.

BB, it's...well...complicated. It was posted that the "theft" happened in October but that was later amended to "November 20th."

Sooooo...our story so far!

Let's see, frequent poster, DS_HMMR has claimed in other posts/threads the he was the "owner" of the black Bolkow, and mentioned he was selling it, even linked to an ad on Controller.com that is as gone as the Bolkow is now. DS_HMMR's profile lists him in Solana Beach, CA which is also where N623MB is registered as owned by a company called "Clear Flight Aviation LLC" not to be confused with "Clearflight Aviation LLC" which is in Florida. So that sort of checks out. "Clear Flight Aviation" of California appears only to exist on paper, apparently for the purpose of owning a Bolkow.

Then (and pretty coincidentally) an ad showed up on Controller about this same a/c, listed as being sold by one Marcel Golemme of "Clearflight Aviation" with an address in Carlsbad, CA and a phone number that does not currently exist according to yellowpages.com.

But...now a brand-new poster calling himself "Clearflight aviation" shows up here on this board and says that Marcel Golemme did not have authorization to sell the ship?? One might ask: Who is this poster, "Clearflight aviation?" Is it that guy, Ed Radcliffe who's been going around as "Ascent Aviation Ed Radcliffe" on other websites and posting this exact same information? Is "Clearflight aviation" really DS_HMMR? And if so, why not just post as DS_HMMR?

(The Facebook profile for "Ascent Aviation Ed Radliffe" makes no mention of GNR Helicopters, Ascent Aviation, Clear Flight Aviation or even Clearflight Aviation but it's clearly a guy with a connection to a matte black BO105.)

A little google search of Ascent Aviation in California turns up...well...nothing, although Ed Radcliffe is listed on various business networking sites as "Chief Pilot, Ascent Aviation" of, naturally enough, Solana Beach, CA. So my guess would be that "Ascent Aviation" is merely a pilot services company.

Ed Radcliffe *does* show up in a document sent to and filed with the FAA, a "Statement in Support of Registration of United States Civil Aircraft in the Name of Limited Liability Corporation." (Thank you, JH "bad" board! You guys are great! Thanks also to H-G-R, who reposted that form here.) Curiously, the principals of Clear Flight Aviation are listed as: Ed Radcliffe (50%), Ronald H. Blumberg (25%) and...get ready for it...Marcel Golemme (25%).

Well I'll be!

And what happened to all of DS_HMMR's videos?? They're all gone :(

So I guess what happened is - twenty days ago one of the minority partners in a helicopter company took off with the helicopter for some reason and the majority partner is calling it a theft. The other minority partner is wisely staying the hell out of this, at least publicly.

This whole affair is sort of amusing.

What's the word ? And don't say "thunderbird".

The word is: NETWORK perhaps?

Because, We have received a handful of calls, and all of them have been helpful in piecing together the location and potential intentions of Mr. Gollemme and the aircraft. We are incredibly appreciative of everyones effort to assist, thank you all so very much.

Are you saying its more of a case of playground "take my ball and go home" syndrome, than a case of "bobby was mean to me and stole my hair clippie" syndrome?