Joining NG to pay for private training?

will you pm what state your looking at?

AV enlisted do get treated like gold. completely different than the other branches.

Lol....while were treated better then infantry I assure you it isn't the "golden treatment" 14+ hour days deployed to ensure aircraft are up, throw in random formations for god knows what, then the guarantee that something big will break Friday afternoon. I love being a crew dog but trust me we are not treated "golden"

Just an update, I did my physical and sat down at MEPs and started looking over my MOS options and 15T wasn't a critical MOS so there was no benefits available for that position.. The only position in the local AV unit with the benefits was 92F.. I walked that day to do some more research on what I wanted to do.

The other thing was the terms on the SLRP.. My recruiter was wrong in his explanation to me, As of right now, they would only pay for 12k in student loans for me.. Another reason for walking..

My poor recruiter isnt used to kids that actually do all their research and take so long for this decision. Most of the time, you throw out the 10k signing bonus and kids are racing to sign on the line..

Maybe later on, I will look into the Guard again, but as of right now, I am going to finish up my AP school, and start flying with Educational loans on the side.. I figure I am not the first to paying off flying loans slowly, and I wont be the last either to pay out of pocket..

Just an update, I did my physical and sat down at MEPs and started looking over my MOS options and 15T wasn't a critical MOS so there was no benefits available for that position.. The only position in the local AV unit with the benefits was 92F.. I walked that day to do some more research on what I wanted to do.

The other thing was the terms on the SLRP.. My recruiter was wrong in his explanation to me, As of right now, they would only pay for 12k in student loans for me.. Another reason for walking..

My poor recruiter isnt used to kids that actually do all their research and take so long for this decision. Most of the time, you throw out the 10k signing bonus and kids are racing to sign on the line..

Maybe later on, I will look into the Guard again, but aswe loos of right now, I am going to finish up my AP school, and start flying with Educational loans on the side.. I figure I am not the first to paying off flying loans slowly, and I wont be the last either to pay out of pocket..

If we lose our Apaches/lakotas, there will be NO 15T positions

15T is a uh-60 mos. why would losing apaches affect that?

We still need 15T going through the pipeline yet if we have less 60s, as quoted by big army, there will be less opportunity for enlistment. Hopefully most the 64 soldiers will want to transition but even then we are going to have more soldiers than positions. Worst case scenario. Army shut down OCS, the Guard can shut down enlistment if they are at full strength, state dependent. In regards to the OP, he is looking at enlisting in OR which shouldn't be impacted that severely by the looming restructure. However the same holds true that OR will shut down enlistment for 15T when they are at full strength. His wait could be over a year for that MOS to open back up which is usually that start of the FY.

Because scissors beats paper and paper disproves spock?

Have you seen that new commercial where the husband and wife and battling rock, paper, scissors? He wins with rock beating scissors and she says "wife beats rock" and takes the item they were battling over lol hilarious

• Like 1

Hey Swan. Maybe you should stop by your local Burger King. I hear they let you...

Dont know if I should be upset that your mocking me or smile at you being clever..

I am just making absolutely sure that I do my research so that if I decide to sign over 6 years of my life, I am getting all my benefits available to me.. Why wouldn't I take advantage of all the benefits possible if I am going to commit to 6 years of service?

Doing your homework before enlisting is smart. People only have their selves to blame when they don't exercise due diligence. However, joining the guard solely to pay off student loans and to finance your personal goals just bugs me. I know those benefits are there to entice dudes to join, but I still hope they want be in the military regardless. Count me in the minority I guess.

It's not a "needs of the Army" thing, d10. I'm not even Army.

• Like 1

We still need 15T going through the pipeline yet if we have less 60s, as quoted by big army, there will be less opportunity for enlistment. Hopefully most the 64 soldiers will want to transition but even then we are going to have more soldiers than positions. Worst case scenario. Army shut down OCS, the Guard can shut down enlistment if they are at full strength, state dependent. In regards to the OP, he is looking at enlisting in OR which shouldn't be impacted that severely by the looming restructure. However the same holds true that OR will shut down enlistment for 15T when they are at full strength. His wait could be over a year for that MOS to open back up which is usually that start of the FY.

UH-60's are going to be pulled from AD and given to the RC if the apache Lakota thing plays out to its entirety, so in that case that would mean more 15T MOS positions are created.

UH-60's are going to be pulled from AD and given to the RC if the apache Lakota thing plays out to its entirety, so in that case that would mean more 15T MOS positions are created.

If published literature holds true, NG will only be getting a third of the aircraft taken away if big army gets its way.

Anyways the drama continues http://breakingdefense.com/2014/01/army-guard-on-brink-of-war-ngaus-fires-first-salvo/