Online Degrees

Does anyone know of a place where you can get a degree completely online that will give you credit for your pilot ratings? Either professional pilot, aviation management or aviation maintainece related degree. Ideally lower tuition is always a positive as well as somewhat easy classes. Also looking for a bachelors degree. Thanks for the help guys, Ive looked around a bit but cant seem to find any completely online degrees that will give you experience credit for your current ratings. Thanks!

They give you credit for your rating just for having them? The places Ive seen required you to actually attend their affiliated flight school and actually do some sort of check ride. One place I looked at said I needed to actually come to their school and take a check ride for each rating I was trying to claim as credit That would have required me to do 8 separate check rides. Then I had to pay a fee to the school to add credit that towards my degree. needless to say, I don't have a degree.

They give you credit for your rating just for having them?

Yep….. They require you to send them notarized copies of the certificates and pay a $75 fee. After a review of the documents, they’ll award you the credits towards the degree. However, you’ll still need to complete the general education subjects for each level of degree….

I started that degree in washington before I wised up. But i did do a course on technical writing. Advanced math, and meterology. Some of the courses help you, some dont......but now that I have had that technical writing class......I can spot a chineese manual a mile away! :) Lol

Embry-Riddle Worldwide will give you credit for ratings. A commercial will get you over 30 credits and CFI is worth 1 or 2. They have an aeronautics degree that this will all go towards. I never even had to send them the transcripts from the flight school I went to since they just pull the info from the FAA.

Some classes are hard...others are pretty easy. Upper level classes require a lot of writing at times...the longest assignment I've had was 15 pages.

I think it's just under $1,000 dollars a class. They also have classrooms all over the country that are slightly cheaper than online.