By the numbers: USAREC recruiting goal

What Rob said above. It was different years ago when I was there. You had organized PT even during flight school. If it was a morning class (0800) then you had PT from 0530-0630. If it was AM flying, then we did PT in the afternoon. I believe that was from 1530-1630. Made for long days so exemption was nice. I do remember exemption was 285+. Looks like they changed that as well.

We had pt during BOLC even if you had a 300. boo

Thanks. So pt like crazy.... Too easy. I'm sitting at a 270. Only thing holding me back is the run... Sitting at a 14:28 and just waiting for AD board results to come out ha! Guess I should worry about getting selected first.

Yeah that's just the way they did it when WOBC was there as well. It was like WOCS; everyone had to do it. Couldn't get out of the annual "jingle bell" mandatory fun run either.

I was the PT officer. All my class wanted to do was play Frisbee. Frisbee it was if it kept them happy. Doubtful if I had implemented an actual PT progression that anyone would follow through in core.

• 2 months later...

I want to point out that was a typing error and not a math error, haha.

That being said I looked like a moron trying to do my fuel consumption check yesterday. The E6B eludes me, why can't I just use a calculator?!

An E6B is actually much faster for fuel checks than a calculator. Everyone made fun of me for keeping one on my kneeboard forever until I challenged them to a fuel check race. Why press all those buttons when you can just slide a wheel around and immediately see both your fuel burn/hour and time to burnout?

Don't need to be 160th to do 160th type stuff. Just have a CC who is 160th and runs his unit that way with deck quals, Seals, SF, and more.

Are we doing swoopy tasks that aren't in the ATM now? That's a big no-no in the army...

An E6B is actually much faster for fuel checks than a calculator. Everyone made fun of me for keeping one on my kneeboard forever until I challenged them to a fuel check race. Why press all those buttons when you can just slide a wheel around and immediately see both your fuel burn/hour and time to burnout?

There are some nice aviator watches (Breitling and Casio for example) that have an E6B around the bezel. Looks much cooler than keeping one on your kneeboard.

Woah. Link?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012IR0U2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3ODQUO2LOFSQ3&coliid=I2YRRRX8JA8KIJ

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000G27V04/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3ODQUO2LOFSQ3&coliid=IH52RQUDJBTHX

I use the E6B on my 'Breitling' to calculate times when I'm in holding. Hasn't failed me yet even though I got that watch from a guy with a Saddam moustache in Balad for $30.

Before I arrived at my current job they issued everyone the real deal Breitlings for $6k each. It was one of those "Oh crap we have a lot of money to spend before the end of the FY, what can we buy so we don't lose it next year?" purchases. Justified by the built-in E6B. They were returned shortly after.