Any Army National Guard guys here?

I'm a NG WO. If you want to join the guard just to be in the national guard and "maybe" be an aviator, do it. If you want to solely be an Army Aviator in the guard, forget that 15T crap, get your WO packet together and submit it! You will be surprised who gets accepted to flight school.

I'm a NG WO. If you want to join the guard just to be in the national guard and "maybe" be an aviator, do it. If you want to solely be an Army Aviator in the guard, forget that 15T crap, get your WO packet together and submit it! You will be surprised who gets accepted to flight school.

state dependent.

New York you must be enlisted before submitting a packet.......talked to recruiters today now I'm split between guard and active!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this but if you want to possibly go active, you can apply as a civilian. If your recruiter is telling you that in NY you must enlist first to apply for WOFT, it isn't true.

If you are trying to go to WOFT through an NG unit, I would strongly suggest going to an aviation unit in your home state. Every state is slightly different and the aviation units know the process for that state much better than a recruiter. If you are already an NG member in that state, try to get an appointment with you SAO (State Aviation Officer) office. They are normally the ultimate deciders for O grade and W grade flight training slots.

Ltf is right that all states are different but since the op is a civilian atm he needs to have his recruiter connect him to the aviation recruiter. I would Start here http://dmna.ny.gov/arng/ocs/?id=warrant

You need to talk to them before you sign to make sure you are eligible and how the process goes. Eligibility requirements MAY be different than active duty.