May 2014 WOFT Board

Hello all!

I know it's early but Jan civ and AD results are out. Congrats on those picked up! I missed this board and I already have my sights on May! I know a few already who are aiming for May as well so feel free to post here with any questions/comments/concerns.

As of now, a Mar. board is not going to happen. If anyone has an update for that, I'm sure we'd like to hear it! :)

This can be for civilian, AD or anyone who may have been FQ/NS from Jan.

• Like 1

I cant get the pure edge version of the statement of understanding to work. Do you have ti print that one out hand sign and then scan? Or did anyone get the pure edge version to work to fill out electronically?

Hopefully someone who got selected will chime in...

From USAREC this morning:

Special Announcements:

•19 JAN 14 - Deadline for the MARCH board is EXTENDED to 21 FEB 14 for the following MOSs: 140A, 140E, 150A, 350G, 351L, 351M, and 948D! Bottom Line: We are still short applicants applying for 140A, 140E, 150A, 350G, 351L, 351M, and 948D! If you have the prerequisite experience for these Warrant Officer MOS' and the desire to submit a packet, then your chances of being selected on the THIRD board of FY 14 is extremely HIGH!

So it looks pretty official that there will NOT be a board for 153a, however, it also looks like this message will be posted for May as well. We'll just have to wait and see.

As in May may not have 153 a slots avx?

No, May should still be good to go. Just no 153a slots in March this time around like some people were hoping for.

Right. What BDP said. Sorry for the confusion. I also meant that they should still be short on applicants (my guess for the entire FY14) given the projections and actual numbers of those selected.

May is still a few months away so might as well get settled in. What are everyone's goals for the May board?

1) Improve my run time back to sub 13:00

2) Get in contact and set up a meet with a CW4+

3) Start my PPL in February

The civilian board from my observation has been a much better route. Much smaller pool of applicants and a very high acceptance rate. Unless your recruiter knows something really special, I would hold out and go get your two looks at the board, then maybe think about enlisting. Not trying to talk you out of enlisting, but it you want to be Warrant Officer your best bet is to get yourself on the board and see. You can always enlist afterwards. And don't get discouraged if you are not accepted on the first board. There was a member a cycle or two ago who wasn't selected first time around, improved his scores and got picked up.

Alright that's great news! I'll be going for the May board as well but my recruiter just told me I should enlist and try there because I have no chance at going from a civilian side. I have been working on it since March and just got my flight physical back to.

That's not true at all. Show him the selection rates of active vs civilian. It's from 60-85% on civilian side and less than 60 on active.

If warrant officer is the route you want... Don't enlist first. That will really lower chances initially.

It is possible. Take a jab at it as civilian to warrant officer first. A couple of shots...

Bdp22- May will be here real fast!!! I had been trying to get all my stuff together to try and make sept 13 board and just now got accepted to jan 14 board... Hit the ground running

Thanks for the info! I'm definitely waiting for the May board before I do anything. From everything I've seen now looks to be a good time even with the cut backs. If I doesn't happen I will most likely finish my degree and try again before enlisting.

This is where I'm at so far

ASVAB: 96 AFQT, 128 GT

SIFT: 53

APFT: 282

Battalion Board: N/A

College: 90 credit hours towards B.S. in Finance, 3.2 GPA

Flight Time: None

LORs: Former boss and Army Ranger Captain, 160th SOAR CW-4, Former high school teacher and baseball coach, Chief of Police that I've known whole life, Former Army Captain who was a Mohawk Pilot

Other: Had an underage drinking citation two years ago

I agree with everyone else. if you really want to be a warrant just apply as a civlian.

The problem is many of us are type A and when enlisting you get alot of carrots dangled in front of you. Like hey your just a PFC/SPC you need to earn some time before your CDR will write you a LoR, why don't you try to become a CE. Then you become a CE, then it's hey why dont you wait until after we deploy. So you deploy, then it's hey we need you to be an FI, etc etc. Not saying it couldn't happen right away it just is definetly the longer route to take.

Like nskojo said, it'll basically extend the process. You have solid stats. I had a 269 apft when accepted, but if I were you, I'd solidify that score and try to find yourself a cw5 too. If you don't find one, that's ok, you already have cw4, right. You won't require a waiver for your underage bc you weren't in the service when it happened, but it may delay the process of you obtaining a clearance. Not sure if you need that beforehand as a civ applicant. I think you have a great shot for May. Do it up, kid!!!

Like nskojo said, it'll basically extend the process. You have solid stats. I had a 269 apft when accepted, but if I were you, I'd solidify that score and try to find yourself a cw5 too. If you don't find one, that's ok, you already have cw4, right. You won't require a waiver for your underage bc you weren't in the service when it happened, but it may delay the process of you obtaining a clearance. Not sure if you need that beforehand as a civ applicant. I think you have a great shot for May. Do it up, kid!!

If that underage was in anyway considered adverse adjudication he will. AR 601-210