May 2014 WOFT Board

I "heard" from a "friend" from college its about 5% with 90% of that being people who got a DWI or some sort of trouble not even related to flight school.

Lmao.

Well I just found out my fate a couple of hours ago....After being told my packet was all set and ready to go I was called in to my recruiting station and told that my Moral Waiver was rejected so now I'm in the same boat as ShaneWey and Delta. Caught me extremely off guard and feel extremely disappointed right now. I really wasn't expecting this at all

Ya it blows but oh well I guess its just going to take me longer than expected and ill have to figure out whether to enlist or wait a little and finish my degree. I'm surprised that they aren't excepting any moral waivers all of a sudden after being short applicants the last few boards.

Well I just found out my fate a couple of hours ago....After being told my packet was all set and ready to go I was called in to my recruiting station and told that my Moral Waiver was rejected so now I'm in the same boat as ShaneWey and Delta. Caught me extremely off guard and feel extremely disappointed right now. I really wasn't expecting this at all.

Really sorry to hear about that.

So, I went to the last WOFT board in March. These were my stats:

ASVAB: 98 AFQT, 137 GT

SIFT: 65

AFPT: 198

College: B.A. in Music, GPA: 3.4

LOR's: 2 from active duty CW4 pilots, 1 from retired Army Major pilot, 1 from Chief of Police

No criminal record

No flight hours or experiece

They told me my packet looked great but my PT was pathetically low and I did not get accepted. But they told me to get my PT up and try again for the May board. Well, in 6 weeks, I got my PT score up to 255. My recruiters said that a lot of the PT scores of the other candidates were "flubbed" and/or "fabricated." I want to know honestly if some of the people on these threads are actually getting 290's and 300's with no prior military service or if your recruiters are "helping" you out with that.

Also, does anybody know the actual date for this May board? My recruiters said it's May 8th or 9th, but a lot of people are saying the 14th.

Is there anybody on this thread who is already an Army pilot who thinks I have a decent chance this time? Especially with genuinely increasing my PT score by 57 points in 6 weeks?

The may board will start the 12th so you would probably find out on the 15th. There was no board for woft applicants in march so this should be your first real look to get selected or not. And as far as pt scores being "flubbed" or "fabricated" I highly doubt it. How hard have you worked in the past 6 weeks to bring your score up 57 points? If you keep it up for another six weeks you might be in the 290 range. Everyone is fighting tooth and nail to get selected for woft, most aren't going to let being 'out of shape' get in the way of that goal. There are tons of variables for a woft packet that are uncontrollable but having a high pt score is one you can.

• Like 1

Well, my bro is a blackhawk pilot. He got in 12 years ago and was not required to take a PT test. He told me to just pass and I should be fine, but that was not the case. There definitely was a WOFT board in March. They accepted 7 out of 11 candidates according to my recruiters. Apparently, I had the highest test scores and great LOR's, but my PT was way too low. This will be my second look so 255 is as high as my score will get for the board. I'm probably closer to a 265 now, but it's passed the deadline to test again.

March board .... News to me.

I started working out last December and was out of shape, but I worked my butt off and scored a 290, plus I'm older at 33. It takes 100% dedication to make the board and prove that you won't give up. I'm up for the May board with an age waiver.

So, there was no board in March?? The USAREC website says there was not a board, but my recruiters and local battalion said they submitted my packet and it was not accepted. They cited my PT as being too low below the average. They also told me that 7 out of 11 candidates were accpeted. I don't know what's happeneing. Did anybody else's packet go to this supposed March board??

Sounds like Jan board numbers to me...

First time I heard about a march board, I'll ask my contact at Usarec for curiosity.

Btw, the board starts Monday ... Being anxious is an understatement !

Thanks, please do. After my battalion board interview, there was a sergeant who processed my packet and told me face to face that it was going to Ft. Knox. That was in late February. The board supposedly conveined on March 12th and I got the call on March 14th. My bro doesn't know what's going on either.

Blackhawkbro,

That is correct, there was a board in march for CIVs. I was actually supposed to be on that board, but I missed the deadline due to a TDY. We've beat the 'is there gonna be a march board' topic to death earlier. I posted some proof that it was going to happen as well as one candidate posted the reg that states when they will have CIV WOFT boards. Only a few people believed us and instead took the USAREC site at face value instead of understanding that it is almost exclusively for AD Army applicants. Specifically the schedule.