May 2014 WOFT Board

While I can't say for sure, I'd imagine so. I'd bet the ebb and flow of applicants is due to the USAREC website schedule being used as THE schedule when in fact it's missing a few board dates for CIV WOFT Applicants. I'd guess there will be around 30 applicants this go.

Yes, I redid my PT test and scored a 255. That's a 57 point increase in 6 weeks. I'm hoping they take my improvement as a testament to my dedication. My recruiters said the average PT score at the last board was 258. So, my PT is about avereage now, but the rest of my test scores are off the charts. I don't have any flight expereince, but besides that, I think my packet looks pretty damn good. I've seriously worked my butt off over the past 6 weeks to bring my PT up and will be very disappointed if I don't make it this time. Any word on how many will be accepted this time around?

No, I don't believe they ever release a stat like that. I know they have a quota allowed per FY and from what I understand can accept as many from a given board as they want; given they meet the minimum acceptance criteria.

BTW, good job on the PFT. As Flim alluded to, it's one of the few things in our direct control that can be 'easily' (read:through hard work) changed in our favor. It's also a personal stat that carries a lot of weight; especially in drastic changes like yours. Keep working it!

• Like 2

Army is huge on Pt... Almost seems an average applicant with high Pt is on the top of the pile.

Blackhawk, as long as you improve... That shows you are not lazy! Basic will get your pt up even higher.

• Like 1

I can't wait for next week! I went for a flight yesterday (it'd been three weeks since my last) and it reaffirmed my love flying helos while simultaneously relaxing my stress and anticipation for the board. Now I'm just chilled way out, takin' it day by day!! Lol

No, I haven't been able to fly in any of the choppers but I did get to walk around and check out all of the aircraft at a base in Germany. I don't think civilians are allowed to fly in the choppers. He has been trying to get me into a simulator but it's been hard finding a day. He's about to be deployed to Honduras for a year, so I hope I get some good news to share with him next week.

Age is against me at 33, but I got the recommendation from Rucker on that.

Age 33
90/125gt
57 sift
290 Pt

Board 74/75
Clean flight physical
Bs in aviation 3.5 gpa
6700 hrs flight time Atp pilot fixed wing
Lors: cw4, chief pilot, airforce o4 pilot, chief of staff army.

• Like 2

My stats:

ASVAB: 85 AFQT, 118 GT

SIFT: 59

AFPT: 300

College: Associate's in contract management, currently a junior GPA 3.8

LOR's: CW4 pilot, AF O-6 navigator, Army O-5 I deployed with, AF O-4 unit commander, AF E-9 helo MX command chief, and my helo instructor.

No criminal record

Clean bill of health

Currently active AF enlisted 6years

PPL-H ~62hrs.

• Like 1

my stats:

ASVAB: 121

SIFT: 56

APFT: 300

College: 97 hours, 2.0 GPA Mechanical Engineering

LOR's: CW5, CW4 (ret), BN Cdr, Cdr

Physical: Stamped by Rucker

Active Army: 6 years,SSG

3 NCOERs; 2/1, 1/1, 1/1

WLC, ALC Honor Grad

No previous flight exp

The thing I'm worried about is my college education. I went to school for 4 years prior to the military and just really didn't like it. Didn't like my degree, my school, my classes. I am currently working towards finishing my degree but don't want the board to judge on what I couldn't accomplish as a kid out of high school 6 years ago.......what do you guys think?

I think pt is rated fairly. You're trying to come into an Army that generally takes fitness very seriously. Only doing the "standard" is not acceptable. You've done well by improving for sure, hopefully the board takes that into account.

My current pt score is abysmal by my standards at a 265. I'm generally a 280+ scorer. So, if my packet is not picked up that'll more than likely be reason #1 in my head.

Personally I think the Army makes it easier for civilian applicants over us active duty types. Though, this makes sense because almost all have a degree and flight time. It's just seemingly weighed heavier than actual Army (Leadership) experience. Not only that, but you've already BEEN to a board. It's basically pre-selection.

I can't wait for next week! I went for a flight yesterday (it'd been three weeks since my last) and it reaffirmed my love flying helos while simultaneously relaxing my stress and anticipation for the board. Now I'm just chilled way out, takin' it day by day!! Lol

Take a 'victory' flight after you get selected. Did some VFR currency the day my battalion commander called with the good news. Perfect day.

Take a 'victory' flight after you get selected. Did some VFR currency the day my battalion commander called with the good news. Perfect day.

I definitely will. My school just got a fairly new R44 Raven II, so I'll probably take it up into the mountains and just go exploring.

Jealous of both of you! Last flight I had was prior to this deployment, and then I jumped out of it. Not much of a flight in all honestly. At least it was with my feet dangling out the door of the bird!

Would much rather be in the cockpit. Good luck to everyone on this board!

Just try not to die in that deathtrap of a helicopter.

The robbies haven't killed me yet. I trust 'em. Haha they just need a good pep talk prior to takeoff. "Alright Robbie, you're gonna nail it today. No low-g, no main rotor separation, no fires."

• Like 1