May 2014 WOFT Board

Age waiver approved... Took only a couple of weeks.

Good luck guys, hopefully we'll be hanging out soon at basic. I'll probably get the nickname of Grandpa pretty quickly!

• Like 1

Assume you are still waiting? If I were in your spot... limitations and memory items!

I start BOLC on Monday after being on hold for a month. What day is the may board for y'all?

I have been reading on/off for a little bit now. Seems to be one of the better sources of info out there. My question to the group is, if the May board is scheduled for the 12-16th; what is normal for finding out results (Active Duty specifically). I see on the WO website it states that they do not publish unofficial results anymore, that you need to wait for a MILPER message to come out, which could take up to two weeks. Does anyone have any experience that could state differently....and if so, where do you go to get it (Do you receive an email or something???)

How was being on hold? A month seems like a long time, is that a pretty normal wait time between the two?

Not really sure what the average is. Some folks got into BOLC a week after graduating WOCS, some of us (mostly street-to-seaters) got sham BOLC dates of late October (hahaha) and they got us into this class. Being on hold is fine; it's not the end of the world. You go to formation 3x a day (PT at 6am, then 0830 and 1300 formation), but it's quick and you're released after each one to do as you please. If you get put on funeral detail, you're busier in that you still have to go to those formations, plus practice, plus funerals which could happen at anytime and frequently happen on the weekends. If you get put on FlatIron, you're living the good life. You'll work 12hr shifts but only about 3 days a week, and you don't have to go to PT or any formations at B Co whatsoever. I was fortunate enough to get that detail, and it's great. Seems like it's just randomly chosen, but if you somehow get a choice, definitely volunteer for FlatIron.

What is this flatiron you speak of? Sounds like gym detail.

Medevac RTO. Flatiron is the name of the medevac unit. They respond to precautionary landings, crashes, some civilian stuff.

I have been reading on/off for a little bit now. Seems to be one of the better sources of info out there. My question to the group is, if the May board is scheduled for the 12-16th; what is normal for finding out results (Active Duty specifically). I see on the WO website it states that they do not publish unofficial results anymore, that you need to wait for a MILPER message to come out, which could take up to two weeks. Does anyone have any experience that could state differently....and if so, where do you go to get it (Do you receive an email or something???)

I'm a civilian applicant that was picked up on the Jan. board. The board convened on Monday and I received a phone call on Wednesday. I didn't see anything in writing until the next week when I went to meps and signed the papers.

Good Luck to everyone on this board.