May 2014 WOFT Board

I just got my approved physical back today. From somebody that got selected..... did you just have to submit the 2808 physical form showing the stamp and the USAREC 1932 Coversheet? Or is there anything else you have to submit? I saw something on the faq about a drug and alcohol test included.

• Like 1

I just got my approved physical back today. From somebody that got selected..... did you just have to submit the 2808 physical form showing the stamp and the USAREC 1932 Coversheet? Or is there anything else you have to submit? I saw something on the faq about a drug and alcohol test included.

Regarding the submission of the physical for AD, you need to submit the physical coversheet USAREC Form 1932. If waiver or exception to policy required, you need to include complete physical. You need to also include DD 2808 with Stamp from Rucker.

Thanks lee122485.

I was reading that a lot of mistakes were being made on the DA 61 form on block 21c on the 4th space over where it asks graduation date or expected graduation date from college. Apparently a lot of people have left that blank.

I completed a semester of college accumulating 15 credits. I'm not currently going to college, and I am not going back to that particular college. However, I probably will continue college later on while I'm still in the Army, especially if I get selected.

Does anyone know what I should put in the slot asking about the graduation date?

Ok AD Army here, I'm deploying to South Korea and will be there from Feb to Oct. I'm almost done with my packet. I just have to do some little touch ups to it before I submit it for the May board. On the DA 61 should I put the South Korean address for the current military address? And also on the 160-R application for active duty should I put the South Korean address for the temp address? Thanks

How does it take to schedule the sift at meps?

I've on my recruiter for a week now and nothing....

I was told they do it certain days every week at my MEPs. Was pretty quick for me.

I was under the impression that civilians are selected on the same board and same schedule as active duty, but after searching the HRC website I came across this:

USAREC, Ft. Knox, KY, conducts boards every other month to select qualified active duty applicants for warrant officer. These bi-monthly boards also select active duty applicants for the Warrant Officer Flight Training (WOFT) Program. Once selected by USAREC, HRC-Ft Knox schedules all active duty selectees for Warrant Officer Candidate School (WOCS) at Ft. Rucker, AL, and their follow-on Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC).

USAREC also conducts boards every month to select qualified civilian applicants to attend flight training at Ft. Rucker, AL. The individuals selected for the flight training program will be scheduled to attend basic training, followed by WOCS. For further information pertaining to the WOFT Enlistment Option, please contact your local recruiter.

Does anybody have clarification on this? IF boards are held for civilians every month, then if I were a civilian I'd want to know and take advantage of it.

• Like 1

Civilians are boarded at the same time as active duty, at least in the past year or so. The board will select civilians on the first day of the week and do active duty the rest of the week. There aren't civilian specific boards that are more frequent than active duty or anything.

I was under the impression that civilians are selected on the same board and same schedule as active duty, but after searching the HRC website I came across this:

USAREC, Ft. Knox, KY, conducts boards every other month to select qualified active duty applicants for warrant officer. These bi-monthly boards also select active duty applicants for the Warrant Officer Flight Training (WOFT) Program. Once selected by USAREC, HRC-Ft Knox schedules all active duty selectees for Warrant Officer Candidate School (WOCS) at Ft. Rucker, AL, and their follow-on Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC).

...snip for size.

Hey all, long time lurker and recent applicant. Just waiting on the in-place board to get finalized and then my packet will be forwarded to USAREC for the package board.

Lee, I think you may be on to something here. My recruiter is ADAMANT that my package will be boarded in March with a package due date of ~28 Feb. He showed me the FY14 schedule he received from his Battalion which shows bi-monthly WOFT boards at USAREC. I've pressed him several times on the issue and each time he checks with his CO he comes back with the same answer. At this point I trust him. Every time I mention the USAREC warrant officer website schedule he swears that it's not showing accurate information for the WOFT program. For now all I can do is wait, if the March board IS a bust, I'll be boarded in May.

That's hopeful news! My recruiter also said there is a board in March. It seems like the warrant officer site is updated pretty regularly though. I guess we'll see!

Welcome to VR!

Thanks Shane! I'm still holding out hope that the information he's receiving is correct.

For AD (see WO site):

IMPORTANT - ALL warrant officer application packet e-mails must contain the following in the subject line:

LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, MI - PRIMARY WOMOS - E-MAIL NUMBER OF THE TOTAL NUMBER OF E-MAILS being sent. Example:

JOHNSON, STEVEN M. - 153A - 1 OF 2, second e-mail subject line, JOHNSON, STEVEN M. - 153A - 2 OF 2. Also, be sure to title your PDF attachments in the following format: 1.pdf, 2.pdf, 3.pdf, etc... (packet compiled in the order set in the checklist, then broken up and labeled in the manner shown)

E-mail size cannot exceed 5MB.