May 2014 WOFT Board

I'm looking at the memorandum now. Here's some statistics.

Total applicants: 25

Selected: 13

Not selected: 12

Average scores of selectees:

GT: 123

GPA (college): 3.12

Apft: 261

Sift: 54

# high school diploma: 4

# associate: 0

# bachelors: 7

# grad degree: 2

I'd like to see the stats of the current military members who were selected!

Again, I wasn't selected. Anyone that has been selected (AD or Civilian) that is willing to proof my resume/packet, please PM me and I will send it to you for review. Thank you.

I went to the board for the reserves and my name isn't on the list period! I guess that isn't a good sign haha .

I'm in the same boat. Are we sure that the results for the Reserves comes out on this MILPER?

Hmm that is strange. It seems like a waste of time to do separate boards for AD Army and Reserve Army. Did you reserve guys get an email or some sort of confirmation that your packet was board ready/accepted for this board?

I think there are separate boards, because the reserves and national guard pick their own people, but all of the boards are held on the same day. At least that is my understanding. Also my Career Counselor said my packet made it to the board and that I was even 'unofficially selected'. So again, I'm still waiting to get the official word.

Hmmm... Well that does make me feel a little better. I guess that we will find out some other way.

It makes me feel better too. Yeah, I'm guessing they will update the milper message or send another one or no idea. Or HRC said 'f**k it'. haha

Ok, ya that's true. Well then there must be a separate memorandum for you guys. The MILPER message won't be updated more than likely and I've never seen a reserve/NG specific message on MILPER. I guess it's just hurry up and wait for you guys. Good luck all the same!

• Like 1

I found out that even though my stats were much higher than the selectee averages, I didn't have formidable enough people writing my LOR's. I guess some people had LOR's from generals and congressmen. If you can get anybody that high up to write your letter, it's hard for the board to say no.

Blackhawk,

I'm guessing the Pt got you... Get it up and find a CW letter , then you have a much better chance.

Personally, I put a lot of time in my packet, but most of the effort went into the Pt.

• Like 2

I found out that even though my stats were much higher than the selectee averages, I didn't have formidable enough people writing my LOR's. I guess some people had LOR's from generals and congressmen. If you can get anybody that high up to write your letter, it's hard for the board to say no.

You don't need Generals and Congressmen. If you want, feel free to send me your packet and I will take a look at it and offer feedback.

This offer stands for anyone not selected, by the way.

*sigh* Guess it's time to start posting in the July board! *sigh*

Let's get this done in July guys. My birthday is that month too, that'll make for a great birthday present. Also, I get to go home in July! Makings for a great month...?

• Like 3

Congratulations again to those selected. I still have a few years yet until I'm too "old" to continue.

I think I saw a MSG was selected on this board. So, maybe i'll be one of those SFC's that gets picked up and is a pain in everyone's a** during WOCS! I kid, I kid...

Hope it doesn't take that long though!

• Like 2