May 2014 WOFT Board

So how does it work when you don't get selected for the first board? Is your packet still deemed board ready and now you have to send in all updates to the updates email? Do you send them in all in 1 pdf or as individual attachments in one email?

They have me shipping for sep 17th for an oct 1 class date. Still not sure if it's the short or long course. More work is needed. I should be doing the short course. Have to get my orders changed so I can just drive myself. Also waiting on the welcome packet and tac officer poc.

• Like 1

Just a tip, while the 7 week WOCS course is longer, they tend to work much better together and have a better overall class than the 5 week courses. I'm happy I went to the 7 week over the 5. Long, but much more enjoyable.

• Like 1

They have me shipping for sep 17th for an oct 1 class date. Still not sure if it's the short or long course. More work is needed. I should be doing the short course. Have to get my orders changed so I can just drive myself. Also waiting on the welcome packet and tac officer poc.

Interesting. I'm wondering if my class date will be similar. I was planning to graduate in December. I might have to postpone that. I will only need like 6 credit hours by the fall semester. :/

didn't make in on this one.

57 FQ-S

75 FQ-NS

19 NQ-NS

Not as good stats compared to last board.

Time to do some updates.

Are there any stats available similar to the post on this thread regarding the civilian board? I'd like to see what the 57 military members that were selected brought to the table.

Edited by Marine4WOFT
  • Like 1

I'm looking at the memorandum now. Here's some statistics.

Total applicants: 25

Selected: 13

Not selected: 12

Average scores of selectees:

GT: 123

GPA (college): 3.12

Apft: 261

Sift: 54

# high school diploma: 4

# associate: 0

# bachelors: 7

# grad degree: 2

Despite only about 50% of civilians making it for May, the average stats actually dropped from the January 2014 Board which was noted as being "significantly short of 153A applicants". The Jan. stats for accepted civilians was:

GT: 126

GPA: 3.16

APFT: 262

SIFT: 55

# with High School Diploma: 4

# with Associates Degree: 3

# with Bachelors degree: 8

# with Graduate Degree: 1

13 of 16 applicants selected: 81.25%.

In other words, the Army hasn't "tightened the screws" on your ability to get in. At least not yet.

Congratulations to everyone who was selected during the May board!

For all of the AD selectees, have you received your report date for WOCS (phase 2)?

I got an email roughly 5 days after the results posted enrolling me into the phase 1 (DL) but haven't heard anything in regards to my actual hard date for Fort Rucker. I'm curious as to how many people are in the same boat or, if any, how many have received school dates.

Congratulations to everyone who was selected during the May board!

For all of the AD selectees, have you received your report date for WOCS (phase 2)?

I got an email roughly 5 days after the results posted enrolling me into the phase 1 (DL) but haven't heard anything in regards to my actual hard date for Fort Rucker. I'm curious as to how many people are in the same boat or, if any, how many have received school dates.

Glad to say I got picked up, I signed my contract today and got my dates today, I leave for basic in November.

Same deal here, got the email for Phase 1 DL , still nothing on Phase 2...

Alright, at least I'm not alone ;) The website says you can expect orders within the first 30 days but my friend's wife had a hard report date within two weeks of the board results.

Where are you coming out of OPR11?

EDIT: Just noticed you have your location listed.

Just got a date for Phase 2, report 25 March 2015. Wonder if there is anyway to get this pushed to the left..

Congrats! If I'm lucky maybe I'll see mine sometime today as well. That's a crazy long wait time, not sure if we are able to call up and have date moved.

I am in the same boat....AD, got the Phase I (on-line) email but no phase 2 dates. I guess its just a waiting game for now.... I will say I am hoping it is a lot sooner than March.... My DEROS for Germany is Jan 2015... I would imagine it would have to be before that.

In addition, is anyone else reading the new ALARCT message which looks like it states WOCS is now a TDY and return for 153A's..... meaning you go to WOCS, pass, and then come back to "where ever" and then PCS to Rucker???

Nevermind. They must be pushing a bunch of orders out today. Just received my phase 2, all the way out into next year as well. 22 APR 2015.

What's the diff between phase 1 and 2?

Phase 1 is either a 2 week resident course or an online distance learning that is completed before reporting to WOCC. Phase 2 is the actual 5 week course at Fort Rucker.

I am in the same boat....AD, got the Phase I (on-line) email but no phase 2 dates. I guess its just a waiting game for now.... I will say I am hoping it is a lot sooner than March.... My DEROS for Germany is Jan 2015... I would imagine it would have to be before that.

In addition, is anyone else reading the new ALARCT message which looks like it states WOCS is now a TDY and return for 153A's..... meaning you go to WOCS, pass, and then come back to "where ever" and then PCS to Rucker???

Haven't seen this yet. Do you have the ALARACT #, I'm not able to find the one you're talking about.