May 2014 WOFT Board

ALARACT 044/2014.... its hard to decipher for me, but that what it looks like it says. Additionally, I have a buddy who just graduated WOCS (153A candidate) and he said that's what there WOC commander said too. I am going to do some poking around and see if that is what this ALARACT message is eluding too

If you shoot me your email address I can just send it to you...let me know what you think about this thing??

ALCON:

If you are receiving your phase 2 orders and would like to attempt to have them moved to the left you can contact HRC directly and speak with the WOCC source manager. I was informed that I was slotted in the earliest available course and that I would not be able to move my report date. However, I was added to the list for Soldiers willing to move their date if a cancelation comes through and they need to fill the slot.

So, you may not be able to reschedule a hard date but you can at least get your name on the "stand by" list.

Hope this helps.

ALARACT 044/2014.... its hard to decipher for me, but that what it looks like it says. Additionally, I have a buddy who just graduated WOCS (153A candidate) and he said that's what there WOC commander said too. I am going to do some poking around and see if that is what this ALARACT message is eluding too

If you shoot me your email address I can just send it to you...let me know what you think about this thing??

So I've read through it and, though I'm not an expert with these things, I believe it only impacts individuals coming through the civilian sector. Additionally, I've received my follow on orders for WOBC and the report is only two weeks after WOCS graduation so I can't imagine not doing a PCS move from the drop.

From the ALARACT;

ALL ACTIVE AND RESERVE COMPONENT SOLDIERS ATTENDING THEWARRANT OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL (WOCS) AND SELECTED FOR AVIATION WILL ATTEND WOCS IN A TEMPORARY DUTY OR ACTIVE DUTY TRAINING STATUS.  ALL SUBSEQUENT IMT REQUIREMENTS WILL BE EXECUTED IN A PERMANENT CHANGE OF (PCS) STATUS AND INCLUDES WARRANT OFFICERS TRANSFERRING TO AVIATION. THIS INCLUDES 153A, ROTARY WING  AVIATOR TRAINING, WARRANT OFFICER BASIC COURSE AND FLIGHT TRAINING.

From this, looks like WOCS is now TDY for AD.

http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/WOCC/repository/ALARACT%20044%202014.pdf

From the ALARACT;

ALL ACTIVE AND RESERVE COMPONENT SOLDIERS ATTENDING THEWARRANT OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL (WOCS) AND SELECTED FOR AVIATION WILL ATTEND WOCS IN A TEMPORARY DUTY OR ACTIVE DUTY TRAINING STATUS.  ALL SUBSEQUENT IMT REQUIREMENTS WILL BE EXECUTED IN A PERMANENT CHANGE OF (PCS) STATUS AND INCLUDES WARRANT OFFICERS TRANSFERRING TO AVIATION. THIS INCLUDES 153A, ROTARY WING  AVIATOR TRAINING, WARRANT OFFICER BASIC COURSE AND FLIGHT TRAINING.

From this, looks like WOCS is now TDY for AD.

http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/WOCC/repository/ALARACT%20044%202014.pdf

Not sure how I glazed right over the piece talking about AD. I may have to call them up about my dates then. My report to WOBC is literally 13 days after my WOCS graduation date.

• Like 1

ALCON:

If you are receiving your phase 2 orders and would like to attempt to have them moved to the left you can contact HRC directly and speak with the WOCC source manager. I was informed that I was slotted in the earliest available course and that I would not be able to move my report date. However, I was added to the list for Soldiers willing to move their date if a cancelation comes through and they need to fill the slot.

So, you may not be able to reschedule a hard date but you can at least get your name on the "stand by" list.

Hope this helps.

Good information, I was added to the "stand by" list. Talking with HRC is does not sound very likely we'll get moved to the left, but it's worth a shot. Thanks for looking this up.

Just found this website and was picked up this past board. I have a WOCS phase 2 date of 18Feb2015. About to take Exam 1 of DL, anyone take it already? Anything major to look out for? Not too worried about it but don't want to get caught of guard.

Just found this website and was picked up this past board. I have a WOCS phase 2 date of 18Feb2015. About to take Exam 1 of DL, anyone take it already? Anything major to look out for? Not too worried about it but don't want to get caught of guard.

Ok, I got picked up on the May board as well, but I have no idea what exam you are talking about nor what phase 2 is.

Can someone fill me in?

Are there Any civilian applicants with the results for the May board? I still haven't gotten any info from my recruiters. I've tried calling everyone I can think of. First board I had results in a week, and this time it's been a month.

If you have the results page for civilian apps with the names can you email it to me?

I saw someone posted the averages of selected applicants. so if you even just see if Gallo, Benjamin was even listed on that board I would appreciate it.

Are there Any civilian applicants with the results for the May board? I still haven't gotten any info from my recruiters. I've tried calling everyone I can think of. First board I had results in a week, and this time it's been a month.

If you have the results page for civilian apps with the names can you email it to me?

I saw someone posted the averages of selected applicants. so if you even just see if Gallo, Benjamin was even listed on that board I would appreciate it.

Recruiter of the year award goes to your recruiter.

I hate to break it to you, but even if you were selected you are SOL now. You only have 10 days to sign your contract after being selected. You may be able to take your case up the chain but odds are not in your favor.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news since your recruiter should be working with you, but you are listed as non-select two times for the May board. Keep your chin up and make yourself better before the next board in 6 months.

What were your stats?

Can someone post the stats of the May USAR board? The Officer Accessions NCO I'm working with said that a certain amount of slots are awarded per fiscal year for each unit. So, I'm not terribly sure knowing the overall stats of applicants in general for the USAR will be entirely relevant but nevertheless, I'm curious.

Edited by Marine4WOFT

I never saw the results of the USAR board, but I was selected and here are my personal stats:

SIFT: 76

ASVAB: 96, GT 133

APFT: 260+

College: 2.9GPA, Professional Aviation

Flight Time: 200+, Commercial/Instrument Airplane Single Engine Land, Advanced Ground Instructor, working on CFI

No board but interviewed with BN Commander

LOR: Company Commander, BN Commander, CW3 AV

So I finally found all of my emails that I was missing. I didn't know the army switched all of the emails. (I've been on IRR for awhile). Yeah, kind of embarrassing. Finally got around to filling out the RFO questionnaire.

Whats does RFO stand for and what was the questionnaire about?