May 2014 WOFT Board

ok thanks for the info.

So here is the deal. The first board my recruiters( i have like 4) said i was not selected. i asked to see the results and they said they did not get them. the battalion commander just emailed saying i was nonselect. I asked for them to call him back or respond to his email asking to fax/scan/email/mail the results to us. They said this was not that simple(chain of command) and would work on it. I called them several times a week to ensure it was being handled, and called any number i could find to go around them with no luck. almost 2 months later i got a copy of the results.

obviously i was already reboarded by that point. The results had specific feedback stating there was a problem with my photo and the comments from my battalion interview were missing. they said they scored me lower because of it, and to fix it before the next board to score higher. But like i said i was already reboarded.

i am frustrated to say the least

STATS

AFQT(asvab): 94

GT: 128

SIFT: 60

APFT: 322

associates in diesel technology

GPA: 4.0

LOR's: airforce major, airforce colonel, army w3, army captain( who is a texas representative)

what do you guys think?

ok thanks for the info.

So here is the deal. The first board my recruiters( i have like 4) said i was not selected. i asked to see the results and they said they did not get them. the battalion commander just emailed saying i was nonselect. I asked for them to call him back or respond to his email asking to fax/scan/email/mail the results to us. They said this was not that simple(chain of command) and would work on it. I called them several times a week to ensure it was being handled, and called any number i could find to go around them with no luck. almost 2 months later i got a copy of the results.

obviously i was already reboarded by that point. The results had specific feedback stating there was a problem with my photo and the comments from my battalion interview were missing. they said they scored me lower because of it, and to fix it before the next board to score higher. But like i said i was already reboarded.

i am frustrated to say the least

STATS

AFQT(asvab): 94

GT: 128

SIFT: 60

APFT: 322

associates in diesel technology

GPA: 4.0

LOR's: airforce major, airforce colonel, army w3, army captain( who is a texas representative)

what do you guys think?

I think those stats are pretty solid. Without seeing what the battalion board scored you I would venture to say that maybe they held not having a bachelors degree against you?

I don't think so, Jeffin. I have helicopter experience, but I was picked up with a HS diploma (associates is done just waiting on credit transfer). It sounds like he got the long end of a short stick. This board's comments specifically mentioned interview comments and DA photos as a big area of concern. If he got looked at twice and wasn't able to fix those errors from the first board they're just gonna think he's a lazy SOB not fit for an officer billet.

Diesel, I would definitely discuss this with your recruiting station commander (or higher if necessary), it's not gonna get you re-boarded any sooner, but it puts the onus on them and if they have any bit of professionalism they'll own up to their mistake and work hard to fix your package.

• Like 2

Diesel, I would definitely discuss this with your recruiting station commander (or higher if necessary), it's not gonna get you re-boarded any sooner, but it puts the onus on them and if they have any bit of professionalism they'll own up to their mistake and work hard to fix your package.

And if that doesn't work, find a new recruiter.

• Like 1

I appreciate the feedback, this just adds more fuel to my fire. I definitely plan to keep moving forward and find a new approach to my recruiting situation.

Good attitude. It sounds like if you get your packet squared away you'll have a good shot at getting selected.

So I had a good talk with my recruiter today, and by the grace of God the battalion commander happened to be visiting our station! I explained my situation to him and he was very helpful. I still have to wait 6 months of course but it seems that i have his support and attention now. We are getting the mistakes fixed on my packet. Even my bn commander couldnt get my results from the may board though. He thinks they released them to the accepted applicants first and that my results just havent been scanned into the system yet.

Also I thought only the comments from my battalion board interview were not in the packet, but really USAREC didnt get any of it including the scores. I knew the battalion board went well but i never saw my scores or comments. My recruiters couldnt seem to get them for me yet they said they were submitted, its weird i know. So I just read them for the first time and they were pretty good!

I scored a 24, 23, and 22. Max points is 25. They wrote some very nice comments as well. I think this will help my chances alot next board.

• Like 1

Lost 1 point on "personal affairs in order"

He said he didn't want to give me a perfect score so he took advantage of one small detail. :) they asked to see my drivers license picture( to see how I looked a few years ago... Which was a smart idea bc I could have been a punk who just cleaned up for the board). When I pulled it out of my pocket I had some cash and my credit card with it loose in my pocket. I didn't want to wear my old brown wallet with nice black suit, so put the essentials in my pocket and left the wallet in the car. He said WO's are all about attention to detail and that it was unacceptable to have that stuff laying loose in my pocket. It should have been in a money clip or wallet

I also lost 1 point on "decisiveness" which I can't figure that one out , but im sure they saw some sort of hesitation or something on my part.

And lastly they docked 1 point for "attitude towards military" which I really can't figure out bc I love the military! It gets me so motivated I could go run 6 miles right now just thinking about it :)

Diesel, those are some good stats, I honestly don't understand why you didn't get selected.

Maybe try to get a few more LoRs?

As far as board results, I didn't get to see mine until moments before I enlisted and because I asked for them. But, they were scanned into the system. The recruiter had no access to them though.

My scores, selected May2014

Asvab 90%

GT 126

SIFT 56

APFT 282

BOARD 25-25-23

Everything was great(reallyyyyy great), entered the room with my heart racing and every heartbeat felt like a punch to the throat. They told me to relax and I went to my happy place.

Then... the Major asked me, what if I told I don't think you are qualified to do this and it hit a nerve.

LoRs: LTC AV, CW4 AV, CW2 AV, CAPT AV, CAPT, TSA Agent.

BA: International Business 2.9GPA

I can't do much but wish you good luck, and I'm sure you'll get everything sorted for the next board.

I thought the extended scale was no longer being used for pft. Are ya'll submitting that as a formal score (i.e. whats databased in the computer) or is it just a frame of reference?

i think u can only show a 300/300 but if they look at how many you did and you are way over the 100% mark im sure it looks good to but i used it merely for fun. I mean they set the standard on these scores for what they expect at least for a pilot so if your at that then technically u should qualify but if u r better than it then it prolly makes ur chances better obviously. like why have a 40 on the sift as acceptable but decline everyone under 50 lol? makes no sense

Question... any of you who shipped for basic, did you have to do another full PT 2-2-2, or a PFA 1-1-1 before shipping?

I've heard both. Depends on your recruiter.