May 2014 WOFT Board

Heinisch,

I'm applying for AD, the Guard application process is a little different.

That link has been down since 19 Jan 14. Check the "Hot Topics" section on the USAREC Warrant Officer Recruiting home page. About three posts down it gives guidance on how to check status in the interim.

Ok I guess a better way to ask this question:

My understanding is that everyone has to select the "warrant officer - Army reserve" box on the DA61. However if selected and you go to rucker, when you graduate you will be active duty. Not guard or reserve correct?

Ok I guess a better way to ask this question:

My understanding is that everyone has to select the "warrant officer - Army reserve" box on the DA61. However if selected and you go to rucker, when you graduate you will be active duty. Not guard or reserve correct?

From the main Warrant Officer Recruiting website, under FAQs:

Q: Why am I applying for WO, US Army Reserve, I want to serve on active duty?

A: Don't worry; you will be serving on active duty. All warrant officers receive their appointment in the U.S. Army Reserve as a WO1. This is why you check Warrant Officer - Army Reserve in block 1 of the DA Form 61. A Reserve appointment does not affect your pay or type of service. You will serve full time on active duty and will receive the regular active duty pay for WO1. You will be tendered Regular Army upon your promotion to CW2. Note that packets are no longer being accepted if block 1 is check incorrectly.

Just found this site, I'm putting together my application now for the May board. Hopefully I can get it complete and submitted by the deadline.

Here are my stats so far:

Education: Bachelors 2.9 GPA

ASVAB: 90

Flight experience: Private Pilot with 75 hours.

LOR's: 1 Naval Aviator ret., 2 supervisors, 1 active duty Army LT.

Need to do my physical and any of the flight tests, I have not done those yet. Calling my recruiter tomorrow morning. This process is new to me, this will be my first time submitting.

I'm AD going for the May 14 board. My packet is complete minus my flight physical. I started the physical in Dec and it's been at Rucker since early Jan. My flight surgeon is saying he has heard there is a 3-6 month processing time for physicals currently because they have so many to process. Anyone else heard anything like this? I really don't want to miss the May board just because I'm waiting on a physical...

Mine took about a month in total. Though they told me that it could take up to that amount of time.

The only things I have left is a couple signatures for my LOR's. The CW5 that's reviewing my packet is out of country until next week, so hopefully I have all of the rest done so he can review and sign, then I can just wait.

Just an FYI since I'm new, I'm an AD SSG and this will be my third packet submission. Last packet was in '09 while I was in Afghanistan.

Scored a 68 on the SIFT.

I'm AD going for the May 14 board. My packet is complete minus my flight physical. I started the physical in Dec and it's been at Rucker since early Jan. My flight surgeon is saying he has heard there is a 3-6 month processing time for physicals currently because they have so many to process. Anyone else heard anything like this? I really don't want to miss the May board just because I'm waiting on a physical...

I would call Rucker and check on the status

Just found this site, I'm putting together my application now for the May board. Hopefully I can get it complete and submitted by the deadline.

Here are my stats so far:

Education: Bachelors 2.9 GPA

ASVAB: 90

Flight experience: Private Pilot with 75 hours.

LOR's: 1 Naval Aviator ret., 2 supervisors, 1 active duty Army LT.

Need to do my physical and any of the flight tests, I have not done those yet. Calling my recruiter tomorrow morning. This process is new to me, this will be my first time submitting.

Me and you are at the same interval. Except i got stalled for 4 months due to disclosing a shoulder surgery from 2005. Im heading to MEPS on monday for my physical though.

Hey everyone i have been lurking for awhile and slowly building my packet so that its most competitive. I have done everything except the flight physical

My stats

SEX: male

128 college credits and a bs degree in biology

GPA 3.0 (worked all of college and taught labs)

Fitness was a 300/300 actually a 333/300 on the extended scale

Asvab: 87

GT 120

SIFT 53

Clean record and bill of health never been to the hospital!

I was waited 6 weeks for my flight physical which was the last step so i could submit in march. Then they finally called my recruiter and said that my noncorrected eye site was too poor even though my corrected was 20/20. I have 20/60 in both eyes. So they said i cant take it and there is no way to get a waiver for it and get around it. They said that i can have lasek or pkr then wait 6 months then try. Is this legit or bull sh*t? They also said i could enlist then work my way up to a WO but the eye site requirement wills till apply even when enlisted right?

My recruiter did not know much about WOFt to begin with so i basically have done this all on my own. With the help of my cousins husband who is a CW5 and he is a helicopter pilot instructor.

thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Guess I'll post up my stats for the first time.

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 85/120

SIFT: 66

APFT: Not Done Yet

EDUCATION: Associate of Science 3.2 GPA

FLIGHT: None

BOARD: Not Done Yet

LORS: Major General Basilica, CW3 retired IP and current instructor for Flight Safety, Dean of the department I graduated from. Potential CW4 from a current SP.

OTHER INFO: Have a GED

That should be correct about lasik. I don't know for sure if it is 6 months or one year though. I had lasik a few years ago and everything checked out fine with my flight physical. They just require the medical records and color copies of everything. I don't know if it matters but I did bladeless and the customized wavefront lasik to make sure it would pass. It cost a little more but was worth it.

That should be correct about lasik. I don't know for sure if it is 6 months or one year though. I had lasik a few years ago and everything checked out fine with my flight physical. They just require the medical records and color copies of everything. I don't know if it matters but I did bladeless and the customized wavefront lasik to make sure everything would pass. It cost a little more but was worth it.

flashgordon: Lasik/PRK is a legit option. You would have the same eyesight requirements if you enlisted. FWIW the uncorrected limit for initial applicants is 20/50, so if you took the flight physical again and read one line higher you'd be good. I don't know about you but some days my eyes work better than others, some days I can guess hazy looking letters better than others, and some days the eye tech is more forgiving than others. Scheduling another physical through MEPS/recruiters may be difficult though.

Long time lurker.

Will be boarded at the May 2013 AD board.

GT: 118
SIFT: 65
APFT: 265
EDUCATION: Working towards associates deg.
FLIGHT: None
LORS: Company, Battalion CDR, CW5 Chief of Aviation Branch.
OTHER INFO: SLC Graduate. Working in a 40 level position as a 30.

Best of luck to all of you.

Ryan

I guess I can post my stats as well...

(May) might not be the month for me... the Army moves slow!

GT: 90/125
SIFT: Test March 14th (finally)
APFT: 290
EDUCATION: BS Aviation
FLIGHT: Fixed wing Atp 6500+ - one hour in R22 -lol
LORS: Company Battalion CDR, Guard Cw3, Hopefully CW4, Army Colonel, Old Chief pilot (Boss).
OTHER INFO: Civil old guy --Need age waiver!

Good luck to all!

Gonna try and kill two birds with one stone here. Does anyone know if i can take the SIFT and my physical in the same day? I know people do ASVAB and physical same day but i already took the ASVAB. Hoping i can avoid two MEPS trips here. My recruiter is unsure.

Gonna try and kill two birds with one stone here. Does anyone know if i can take the SIFT and my physical in the same day? I know people do ASVAB and physical same day but i already took the ASVAB. Hoping i can avoid two MEPS trips here. My recruiter is unsure.

I will tell you that the answer is no. I know because it just happened to me 2 days ago. My recruiter sent me up to MEPS on Sunday night to take the physical and SIFT on Moday (SIFT is only given on Mondays at 0800 at the New Orleans MEPS.)

Upon arriving I was told by my liaison that I would not be able to do both as they occur at the same time, and to pick one. I chose the SIFT, and was done by 1030. I then spent the REST of the day (1030 to 1700) sitting around (I really think it is BS that they couldn't get me into medical then.)

I was then held over and sent back to the hotel to come back to following morning to do my physical. Where I was done for 1100 and had to sit around yet again all day.

Please take heed my advice and drive yourself to MEPS!

I never read any lines on a board? idk how they determined my eye sight, i remember looking at a house and path through some eye hole things at meps. I doubt i can go take it again and they wont even let me take the flight physical bc my un corrected eye sight is not good enough i guess. So basically my only option is PKR or lasek wait then start up and take this last physical then apply.

Are my stats competitive enough?

I am confident that i can be selected i think. But with the reduction in armed forces coming kinda sucks. Realistically im about a year out now by the time I get lasek and wait my time.