May 2014 WOFT Board

To active duty.

I submitted my packet like 5 days prior to the board date. That was like 2 weeks after the extended date. I would submit anyway and let them tell you it isn't going to make the board.

Ha ya I'm right there with you, I talked to my battalion today and they said the March board was the 10th but I would have had to be board ready by Feb 28 to make it to that one. Otherwise they say I would have been boarded. Must not have been though if you didn't make it in.

AD Army here, submitted my packet last Thursday. Got a confirmation email saying it was being processed. Haven't received an email saying I need to make corrections yet, hopefully won't need to.

I don't feel like them not being short on 153A packets is a bad thing because all of us that submitted it by the deadline will be the only ones going to the board. Everyone else has to wait for the next one. But when they were short and extended the submission date then there was a bum rush and a whole lot more people were able to submit their packets for that board.

I feel like it would just even out and there will be the same amount of people at this board as there were at the last couple where they released the message and extended the deadline. The only difference is the applicants got it in by the original deadline.

• Like 2

So, if i submitted my packet prior to the cutoff of friday, but dont recieve any email about it until, say, next week...... will my packet still be good for the May board? or does anyone really even know the answer to this?

So, if i submitted my packet prior to the cutoff of friday, but dont recieve any email about it until, say, next week...... will my packet still be good for the May board? or does anyone really even know the answer to this?

If it's in by the cutoff there should be no issues.

Delta53g,

Shouldn't take a week for them to get back to you but if they did take that long then I would like to think it shows them when they received the email and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't accept it as long as it was before the deadline.

• Like 1

Delta53g,

Shouldn't take a week for them to get back to you but if they did take that long then I would like to think it shows them when they received the email and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't accept it as long as it was before the deadline.

Yea that makes sense. That's what I was thinking may happen but wasn't totally sure.

Civilian, only have SIFT and Flight Physical remaining. I was getting PRK next week, but was told about the six month wait. Researched and discovered you can go through training with glasses/contacts. Anybody aware what it is exactly they do at the Flight Physical?

ASVAB: AFQT 87, 121 GT

SIFT: next week

APFT: two weeks (currently 270)

EDUCATION: 120 credit hours B.S. in English, 3.4 gpa.

LOR's: Two Phd. university professors, former university professor.

Other: No arrests, tickets, etc.

I'm pretty sure your vision has to be corrected to a 20/40 with contacts...? The flight physical tests pretty much everything they did at MEPS and more. The eye exam is more in-depth, for example. They will test everything from anthropometric measurements to testing if you're afraid of the dark. You might be able to do it in a day but I had to break mine up since the hearing and vision tests were both only early in the morning. So I had to go two half-days.

u have to be corrected to 20/20 but when u dont have ur glasses on u cant be any worse then 20/50. I know this bc im currently getting lasik to fix this. The flight phys place got my meps readings after i had done everything else and all the other tests and let me know i didnt meet the standard. So im fixing that then waiting 6 months : / but all my other stuff is very competitive i feel and im gaining more flight time every weekend.

My packet is Board Ready for May

But I found something that needed to be corrected myself. My Warrant Officer LOR doesn't have his unit info at the bottom. Do I have to send this in as an update or correction since my packet is already board ready. I wonder why they didn't tell me I needed to correct it.

So do you just attach the single file and send it to either the correction or update email? What do you put in the subject line?

I would consider that a correction. You'll have to add it into the LOR, and have it re-signed more than likely. I don't see how else that would work.

I sent my email with the same name/mos/1 of 1 to the corrections email. I haven't heard back, but that's probably a good thing considering they emailed me a correction the day after I submitted.

Yea but I wonder because it says send corrections to status "R" packets to (corrections email).

Send updates to "Board Ready" packets to (updates email). So since my packet is board ready I wonder if I am supposed to submit to the updates email.

Yea but I wonder because it says send corrections to status "R" packets to (corrections email).

Send updates to "Board Ready" packets to (updates email). So since my packet is board ready I wonder if I am supposed to submit to the updates email.

Hmm, tough one. It's an update IMO. You are updating the LoR, not making a correction to it (i.e wrong name, mis spelling.) Just adding more info, same as adding flight time or an additional LoR.

Hmm, tough one. It's an update IMO. You are updating the LoR, not making a correction to it (i.e wrong name, mis spelling.) Just adding more info, same as adding flight time or an additional LoR.

Except that it's required information. Hence, the correction. Semantics, I know.

I emailed one of the Warrant Officer recruiters, just waiting for the reply. I'll let you know what he says. I don't understand why they didn't catch it though and put my packet through as board ready. O well at least I caught it.