SERE/Dunker

• 1 month later...

What's the difference

Lol! Kinda been through this already. What goes on during the course is classified. Once you get to Rucker all your student buddies will fill you in anyway.

A word of caution. I've known students who have gotten sent back because they had a little too much gouge on the course. Don't let that be you.

I feel you velocity. I'm not trying to get specifics on the course per say. Just didn't know if the letters meant like normal sere or Arctic survival type sere or maybe they represented a different location etc.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

I feel you velocity. I'm not trying to get specifics on the course per say. Just didn't know if the letters meant like normal sere or Arctic survival type sere or maybe they represented a different location etc.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Normal SERE at Rucker. You can volunteer for Arctic survival once you get to your unit. Had a friend do that in Germany. Think he went to Norway for the course. I'm not a cold person so no way I'd volunteer for that nonsense.

• 3 months later...

If anyone coming up through the pipeline is worried about HOST/Dunker, don't be. We just received a brief today and Dunker will be eliminated from flight training beginning in October as another way of saving money. We were told the decision has already been made.*

*Standard it's-the-Army-so-things-can-always-change disclaimer applies.