TH-67 Memorization Items

Uh sure. Ch 5 and CH 9

Its where you get them from. Although, if I remember right, that TH67 didnt have a -10 since its a civilian aircraft.

Our BOLC cadre made it sound like our IPs were going to want chapter, section, paragraph, etc. to reference when orally quizzing us on limits and EPs.

Slightly off topic, but I figured I'd just string it on this thread...

From my Google searches, it appears that the Bell B206 JetRanger has symmetrical airfoils for the main rotor blades, however in class on Friday we learned that the TH-67 Creek has asymmetrical airfoils. Are both of these statements correct? If so, what about the OH-58?

can someone with more coffee on-board explain this to me...

"The tail rotor gear box provides a 90 degree change of direction which also provides a further SPEED REDUCTION to 2,560RPM."

from the TH-67 -10

why is it a speed reduction or am I missing something??? doesn't the tail rotor spin faster RPM than the main rotor?

oh wait... its a speed reduction from the shaft speed down to 2560rpm, which is still faster than the MR head RPM, right?

• 3 weeks later...
So memorize wocs sop before Flight stuff?

Yes. And I don't think I would spend a heck of a lot of time memorizing the WOCS SOP either. Review it. Be familiar with it. Memorize it for a 4-6 week course? Uh, no.

I would never be one to advocate not studying. Far from it. But if you are not yet to WOCS you are so far from the flight line that you probably have better things to do than study 5 & 9s, like watching TV.

For those of you that just have to study aviation related material prior to WOCS, or anytime prior to the point that you need to be studying it, read up on weather, air traffic control, aerodynamics, that kind of stuff. Those are the things that will apply throughout your aviation career and you will never want to forget. You will want to forget your TH-67 5&9s the day after you leave the TH-67. Study the stuff you will never want to forget, which by the way you also have to know for flight school.

• Like 3

Wow. Very sound advice. Thank you guys. I know I speak for a lot of other candidates when i say that I'm extremely grateful for all the advice you veterans of the process put out and share. Thank you for your time and input.

• Like 1

The only think you need to know about the WOC SOP is how to find stuff in it, I didn't memorize anything out of it. Hell, I'm pretty sure I only really /used/ it to set up my locker and room.

5&9s on the other hand you need to know word for word. I spend a good chunk of each day at home working on them during the week.

I didn't start really learning them until right after SERE, each day you are assigned 5-7 of them during Primary and you are responsible for knowing them during the oral knowledge part of the flight brief. You don't want the Flight Commander to know you as the guy that always misses them.