New minimum SIFT score

This is on the warrant officer recruiting website.

9 FEB 14 - ATTENTION ALL 153A APPLICANTS: Effective 1 MAR 14, the minimum qualifying Selection Instrument for Flight Training (SIFT) score will be raised from 40 to 50 allowing the U.S. Army to select future aviators from a pool of best qualified applicants. Any questions or concerns can be addressed to the Aviation Proponent Manager CW3 Cook at 334-255-1420/DSN 558-1420 or via email at brad.r.cook.mil@mail.mil.

Need a little advice... I was suppose to take the Sift Friday morning, but this is the second time the recruiter said Meps can't do it after it has been scheduled for two weeks. I'm getting a little irritated... I've been working with an Oklahoma City recruiter, but work in Dallas. Would it be a problem to call a Dallas recruiter to try and take it at the Dallas meps?

Yeah thats frustrating, I dont see a problem w trying to get in contact w the meps too to feel them out on what the problem is. My meps does the sift once a week and i remember the test proctor telling me about how they recently had to get a new system to administer the test on and that I was like the second person to take it since it went live...

Update from CW3 Cook, If you take the SIFT before March 1st, then you are still qualified to submit a packet. If you take the SIFT after, you have to score a 50 or better.

So someone doesn't have to take it/pass AND be selected before March 1 in order for their sub 50 score to qualify them, correct? So as long as they took it, passed with a sub 50 score before March 1, 2014, they have a qualified score if they get selected after March 1? I'm probably beating this to death, but I hear whispers of different things on this (and I can't seem to get in touch with Mr. Cook).