Few Questions

Hey all,

I have a couple of questions that I'd like answered for my first post. I tried searching for them, but I haven't found them.

The first is for all of the people in Army flight training right now: What does a week at Rucker look like? I know what goes on at WOCS and BCT, but I haven't found anything on Flight Training.

The second is for anyone who knows: Does cancer count as an automatic disqualified, or can it be wavered? I know to serve, you need to be cancer free for 5 years, but it has to be wavered. I've been cancer free for almost 3 years now I'll be trying to get in to flight training after I graduate college in 2017, which will be almost 6 years after my last chemo treatment and surgery.

Thanks and sorry for the length, but this is something that means a lot to me.

Chris

Thanks for pointing out the weekly outline being in the guide. I guess I overlooked it the first time I read it. Does anyone know how to contact an Army flight surgeon? I'll probably be visiting Rucker over the summer to go to the flight museum there.

Check the Army Aeromed website. They have email contacts and phone numbers. I wanna say Lindsey's guide has their website link.

As far as cancer, we had a pilot in my last unit who had cancer and flew on a waiver. It depends on the type cancer, how long it's in remission, time since last chemo etc. I used to have all the Aeromedical Policy Letters on my desktop but not sure where they went. If you can get a hold of them, it'll tell you everything you need to know about what is waiverable and what isn't. Goodluck.