Beginning my WOFT selection adventure

I have a friend who is a Capt flying 64s on AD, and he is willing to give me a letter, but he's too busy and wants me to write it, which isn't too surprising, but I haven't a clue about what to write. I think it's a pretty good opportunity to write myself the strongest letter possible and get it signed, if I just knew what to write... Would it be possible for someone, maybe someone who's been selected already, to send me some samples of some really good letters? If so you can just PM me, I would really appreciate it.

A couple other questions I have come up with:

Does anybody have any idea what boards will be scheduled for FY15? Like will there be a NOV board? I'm interested because I will miss the deadline for July on account of waiting for PRK to go to MEPS, and there is no SEP board. It would be nice to know what board dates I'm looking at.

The Army Aeromedical policy letters PDF that has all the laser corrective surgery info says you have to wait 3 months for a flight physical. From what I understand, MEPS wants you to wait 6 months for the MEPS physical. Is that the case? If so, am I allowed to have a flight physical before I go to MEPS? Also, if my recruiter is still unwilling to do that, can I have my own flight physical done by an AF doc on Army forms? I would imagine someone has tried that.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Insanity will shed 30lbs in 60 days.

I can vouch for insanity being a great workout. I felt like i was in the best shape of my life afterwards. Started at 207 lbs and was down to 188 at ~6% body fat when i was done.

• Like 1