Bell 429 Helicopter Cabin Pressurization Questions

May a 429 be fitted with aftermarket cabin pressure control provisions if money is no object?

My dog passengers can't wear oxygen masks while hovering over Mount Shasta at 15,000 feet.

My human passengers don't want to be burdened with masks either.

The helicopter needs to fly at its service ceiling while maintaining comfort on board for animals and humans.

Is there, technologically speaking, something else better available to counter the ill effects of high altitudes in aircraft not originally equipped with cabin pressure systems?

I can't honestly answer your question. But I highly doubt it. Helicopters aren't designed to be pressurized. It's not something you can really do after one is built. It's something that needs to be designed and added during assembly. Plus the weight would kill any hope of a useful load. Can I ask what you plan on doing at 15,000'?

Edited by helipilotm
  • Like 1

I can't honestly answer your question. But I highly doubt it. Helicopters aren't designed to be pressurized. It's not something you can really do after one is built. It's something that needs to be designed and added during assembly. Plus the weight would kill any hope of a useful load. Can I ask what you plan on doing at 15,000'?

Taking a close peek at the peak of Mount Shasta just above the summit. Most of the time I would be searching for Bigfoot in the Pacific Northwest.

Don't mean to post anything side tracked, but Mt. Shasta is near my neck of the woods. I'm from the Red Bluff area. Are you a private 429 owner?

No, I am from Sacramento County down in the Valley, but when I win the CA super lotto...

I routinely pilot a Bell Jet Ranger 206 in Microsoft Flight Simulator X all over the simulated terrain of California.

At near a full fuel load, I could not get up to 10,000 feet. At about 50% fuel, I could just get over 15,000 feet hovering just above the peak of Shasta.

I did not get any altitude sickness, though.

Also, what kind of fuel do the real Bell helicopters use?

Which California airports normally would supply this fuel?

MS FSX lets me "magically" refuel my helicopter or any other craft at virtually any airport by using the Change Fuel Load feature.

Taking a close peek at the peak of Mount Shasta just above the summit. Most of the time I would be searching for Bigfoot in the Pacific Northwest.

How old are you? Does your mom know you're using the internet?

Ohhh, this thread just took a humorous turn! Giggled my way to a safety nap this afternoon :D

Are you Jonathan Bailey ?

I just noticed all the stuff he is raving about is stuff you like, except for maybe the bigfoot. Do you like bigfoot ?