Tim Fanguy at PHI

Ahelopilot

• 1 month later...

After posting this comment I was subsequently hired by PHI. The original posting was an attempt to find out if anyone had any tips on how to best get in contact with Mr. Fanguy. I'm very happy to have been hired there, and Mr. Fanguy is a very helpful person. As I found out in person, he is VERY busy and has a ton of folks trying to get in touch with him!

• Like 1

No magic formula for me. Patience and persistence. I met the qualifications, submitted my application online, and waited. I contacted HR fairly frequently letting them know that I was very interested in working for PHI and explained what I felt I could do to contribute to company. And finally, I was called for an interview. Really nothing more than that. It is my understanding that right now they have upwards of 2000 applications they are working through. That's not meant to discourage, but rather to say that it may take time to hear back from them. It took me just over four months to get called in for an interview. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Congrats, and thanks for taking time to share the success!! Those looking for work always need to hear stories like this, and keep up the feedback. Let us know from the inside how it is going, and what its like starting out as you progress through the transition.

• Like 1

Congrats on the new job with PHI. I applied recently, so now I'm waiting to hear back. It's been very tough getting a response to emails and phone messages when calling HR, but it sounds like that's normal due to the number of applications.

If you don't mind me asking, did you apply to other GoM companies? I would rather work for PHI and want to give them time to get to my application, but I also don't want to wait a long time before applying with other companies.

• Like 1

Congrats on the new job with PHI. I applied recently, so now I'm waiting to hear back. It's been very tough getting a response to emails and phone messages when calling HR, but it sounds like that's normal due to the number of applications.

If you don't mind me asking, did you apply to other GoM companies? I would rather work for PHI and want to give them time to get to my application, but I also don't want to wait a long time before applying with other companies.

I had the same dilemma. I really wanted to work for PHI, but for the sake of covering all my bases I did apply to Era, Westwind, and even RLC, not to mention a couple of overseas contractors. Bristow wasn't taking applications at the time, but they are now. I was much more aggressive in contacting PHI than I was either of the other companies. PHI is where I really had my heart set on working, so it worked out.

Congrats! welcome to the madhouse.

I know ERA is hiring, 'cos I chatted with one of their big bosses. They have some nice toys. Koala, A-star, and a fair few boring ole school buses. S-76's, and all that.

(stir, stir)

;)

• Like 1

Congrats! welcome to the madhouse.

I know ERA is hiring, 'cos I chatted with one of their big bosses. They have some nice toys. Koala, A-star, and a fair few boring ole school buses. S-76's, and all that.

(stir, stir)

;)

Thanks, Francis! I appreciate it. And I'm very happy to be part of PHI, even it's flying a school bus. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Like Ahelopilot, I too was recently hired by PHI. My process went pretty quickly; I applied on March 3rd and went for my interview on the 25th. In the interim between application and interview, I had a current S92 Captain who knows me from our previous careers together calling and emailing Mr. Fanguy on my behalf (sometimes it is who you know). I called Tim's office 4-5 times a day until I finally got in touch with him. Fortunately, because of the internal recommendation, he had already reviewed my application and resume and had marked it with "Interview". That was on a Thursday, interviewed the next Tuesday.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was trying to get my hours up to their 1500 TT minimum, and they raised them again to 1500 PIC recently. Can't quite get there. Hopefully by the time I'm there, they haven't bumped it up again.

Congratulations to all the guys getting picked up, though!

• 2 months later...

Like Ahelopilot, I too was recently hired by PHI. My process went pretty quickly; I applied on March 3rd and went for my interview on the 25th. In the interim between application and interview, I had a current S92 Captain who knows me from our previous careers together calling and emailing Mr. Fanguy on my behalf (sometimes it is who you know). I called Tim's office 4-5 times a day until I finally got in touch with him. Fortunately, because of the internal recommendation, he had already reviewed my application and resume and had marked it with "Interview". That was on a Thursday, interviewed the next Tuesday.

Hey Mike, this is Mike Smith. Worked in the office next to you at Hood as UH60 MTP. I am going through the attempt to contact phase myself now.