Which helicopters are still American made?

I was shocked to just find out Bells are now built in Canada.

I had always assumed they were American built.

Forget the damn 429 for me!

I will get a Beechcraft KingAir 350 instead.

They are made in Witchita, Kansas.

I will paint her in chartreuse/black

two-tone custom paint and proudly

name her "American Original".

What do you have against foreign-made stuff? What kind of car do you drive?

You want something American-made? Buy a Sikorsky/Schweizer 300! Ooooooh wait, you can't - Sikorsky shut the production line down right after buying it. Damn. But hey, that's the American way: Big company buys smaller company and then decides that smaller company doesn't generate "expected revenue" and so it gets shut down :-/

The 269 line is up and running... First Sikorsky deliveries have already been made. Sikorsky has outsourced 100% of the components. They are simply assemblers.

Good to know...I just bought one...used one that is.

Why not just get a UH-1H Plus Plus...American made, American history icon, excellent performer, cheaper then a 429 or any Eurotrash...

No air conditioning.

I have just written to Bell Helicopter to ask them which models are American-made and air-conditioned (either factory or aftermarket).

What do you have against foreign-made stuff? What kind of car do you drive?

You want something American-made? Buy a Sikorsky/Schweizer 300! Ooooooh wait, you can't - Sikorsky shut the production line down right after buying it. Damn. But hey, that's the American way: Big company buys smaller company and then decides that smaller company doesn't generate "expected revenue" and so it gets shut down :-/

My truck is a Tundra made in Texas. The last I checked, that was an American state.

No air conditioning.

I have just written to Bell Helicopter to ask them which models are American-made and air-conditioned (either factory or aftermarket).

Here is their quick response:

Coulman, Owen
To Me
Today at 4:02 PM

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your interest in Bell Products.

Currently, the 412EP/EPI, 429, 407/GX, and 206L4 are assembled in Mirabel, Canada from parts made here in the United States. (In comparison to American Eurocopter, which assemble in the US from European made parts) From Mirabel, the unpainted, unfinished are flown to Piney Flats, TN where the rest of the components are installed

Additionally two new models, the 505 Jetranger X is to be built in Lafayette LA and the 525 is being built in Amarillo, TX.

All our models offer air conditioning as an option.

I hope this answers your questions. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other general or model-specific questions

Best Regards

Owen Coulman

Regional Sales Manager- Western Region

Bell Helicopter

760-407-5073

ocoulman@bh.com

Spent a lot of time overseas and saw how loyal they are to their domestic brands, and wished we could be more like it.

Cadillac ELR TV Ad, 'Work Hard'

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7BkA/cadillac-elr-work-hard

Were we nuts when we pointed to the moon? We went up there and you know what we got? Bored…so we left. We’ve got a car up there that we left the keys in it. You know why? Because were the only ones going back….that’s why.

• Like 3