Air West Heli LLC, looking for some info.

Hey all,

Curious if anyone has any first hand experience with Air West in Glendale, AZ. It is a company that I have heard mixed things about as far as pay, contracts etc. etc.

Right now I am just curious because I am trying to make plans for where I might want to go at the end of this tour season if I decide not to do more. I'm curious about the contract and charter side of Air West and not really the instruction side. Just general information on how the company is to work for, or what you have heard is fine.

If you don't want to post it publicly, I can understand, PM me your thoughts and they will stay with us, good or bad.

Thanks all.

• Like 1

Asking an opinion on the Internet is gonna give you as much as it cost you. Everybody has to make their own opinion. I have worked for company's that I will never work for again, but have friends that are as happy as can be at the same place. The only way to find out is apply and interview. If you like what you see and hear try it out, if not move on.

• Like 1

Air West in Glendale is advertising for HEMS pilots right now. Is that what you are asking about ?

I know they have some Indian contracts, they do utility work, and they have a flight school side. They do have fixed wing also. Is fixed wing what you are interested in ?

No, not asking about the HEMS spot, I don't want to do HEMS just yet, I would like to fly a bit more than that still. I was more interested in their utility side of things. When you say Indian contracts do you mean contracts out on the Rez? What type of contracts? Any info at all to their helicopter operations other than instruction would be greatly appreciated.

As far as opinions on the internet, why are you a member of a forum that has ONLY opinions in it? I don't see the harm in asking around about a company that I may be interested in. If someone was interested in a company that I have worked for, and whether my opinion was good or bad, I would do my best to explain why I liked or disliked working there, not just tell them to go get an interview, that can cost people a lot of money when they are still researching a company they might want to work for in the future.

Thanks for the responses guys.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to revive an old topic, but I am still in search of anybody who has worked the utility/charter side of this company. Just trying to learn a bit more about them before I start making calls and dropping off resumes to the chief!

Thanks guys.

Edited by CaptainDune

Sorry to revive an old topic, but I am still in search of anybody who has worked the utility/charter side of this company. Just trying to learn a bit more about them before I start making calls and dropping off resumes to the cheif!

Thanks guys.

You would probably be a bit better off referring to him as the "chief". Especially in writing.