Question for ag pilots

rotormandan

Guest pokey

Such intelligent contribution and name calling; always the hallmark of a brilliant mind, and so full of substance, aren't you?

You haven't flown an air tractor, have you? Have you ever flown fixed wing ag? No?

Where's your decades of ag experience? Don't have it? Didn't think so.

You don't have a solid ag background, and you're burning tires. Hopefully no one is foolish enough to buy into that. Perhaps you should stick to your taco truck and cans of roach spray.

I have been called names, abused and accused of many false accusations by this (man), as so have many others on this forum, For someone who claims they don't brag? i would say you are a liar,,,,lets seee, director of maintenance for how many operators? 747 pilot, been flying since you were 14 (but yet you attempt to degrade other) by saying they act like they are 14, ag pilot , and i assume--that is in both helicopters and fixed wing,, and fire pilot tooo,,,,, you must be like 150 years old.

does roach spray also kill bugs?

• Like 1

If you are going to ask and answer your own questions avbug, don't bother posting anything.

Asking and answering yourself shows the traits of a person who thinks they know everything or a person who refuses to listen to anybody but themselves talk. Both ugly and non professional traits. A 747 captain would know that.

The only tractor you have ever been on is a Fisher Price pedal tractor.

Edited by Pohi
  • Like 1

The only tractor you have ever been on is a Fisher Price pedal tractor.

His mommy put spray bottles on the handlebars so he can practice with rinse loads. She whispered in his ear, "someday, you can lie about anything you want to be on the internet." All when he was six weeks old. Published his first book then too.

If Chris Gadbois of SRT can still be trying to have a business, certainly Avbug can live his lie.

I have been called names, abused and accused of many false accusations by this (man), as so have many others on this forum, For someone who claims they don't brag? i would say you are a liar,,,,lets seee, director of maintenance for how many operators? 747 pilot, been flying since you were 14 (but yet you attempt to degrade other) by saying they act like they are 14, ag pilot , and i assume--that is in both helicopters and fixed wing,, and fire pilot tooo,,,,, you must be like 150 years old.

Far from it, mate. Director of maintenance for two operations. Inspector in one repair station. You call that bragging, do you? Interesting.

747 Captain, yes. And yes, flying since 14, and yes, you do act like a 14 year old. Long time ag pilot, and based on your behavior, probably more fire seasons than years you've been alive. Presently carded and active, last fire ten days ago, on the Buck Trail fire.

When was your last fire? Not really qualified to comment, are you?

Perhaps you should stick to tire burning, go identify some inversions, and come up with more wild ideas for the smoker on the 802, seeing as you've never set foot in one.

Incidentally, if you're dumb enough to be putting herbicide in a field with variable winds on each side of the field and susceptible crops adjacent to the field, then you won't be in business long, and you deserve to get sued. Burn some tires to the ag gods; maybe they'll save you from yourself. It's clear you haven't the experience or the understanding to do it on your own.

Guest pokey

You really should pay attention avbug.

You should also act like the professional that you claim to be.

<<<<squirts a heavy dose of bugspray on this thread.

Well since post #32 there has not been one useful comment. I just finished reading the post about professionalism in aviation, I was really impressed by a few of the comments from some of you higher time pilots (at least that's the impression i get).

Now i read through this post to see if there has been any new information pertaining to ag flying. I am going into my second season so I am still looking for any good tips to do my job safer and better. Instead I find some of the same people who made comments about being professional acting like complete idiots. Seriously both sides are fighting like children. None of this is useful. In my opinion a true professional would post under his real name. He should not have anything to hide or lie about.

I would love to hear any tips those who have flown ag have to offer, I DO NOT need to hear from those who are just picking fights with someone else.

I have a few tips I would share with others but I probably wont unless asked directly through PM because all you "high time, professional" guys just refuse to see anything other than your own view point.

Just my two cents,

Fred

• Like 1

Well since post #32 there has not been one useful comment. I just finished reading the post about professionalism in aviation, I was really impressed by a few of the comments from some of you higher time pilots (at least that's the impression i get).

Now i read through this post to see if there has been any new information pertaining to ag flying. I am going into my second season so I am still looking for any good tips to do my job safer and better. Instead I find some of the same people who made comments about being professional acting like complete idiots. Seriously both sides are fighting like children. None of this is useful. In my opinion a true professional would post under his real name. He should not have anything to hide or lie about.

I would love to hear any tips those who have flown ag have to offer, I DO NOT need to hear from those who are just picking fights with someone else.

I have a few tips I would share with others but I probably wont unless asked directly through PM because all you "high time, professional" guys just refuse to see anything other than your own view point.

Just my two cents,

Fred

Few posters use their name on the internet for a number of reasons. I've found that many posters tend to be juvenile and foolish, such as we've seen by those claiming experience, here, and who clearly have none. (You don't happen to take cans to skids and burn tires, do you?).

Some of you keep harking back to the discussion on professionalism, as though a professional has some altruistic, intrinsic need or requirement to cater to your whims. Get over it. A professional is one doing a job who has no need to bend or bow to whatever you, or anyone else thinks the professional owes them. Short story: if you're not the one paying the bills (read: employer), you haven't much of a dog in the fight or any right to place demands on that professional.

Fighting? Hardly. Facts stated, and a few who act like 14 year olds who simply can't have a rational discussion. Perhaps breathed too much smoke from burning tires. Who knows?

Guest pokey

Few posters use their name on the internet for a number of reasons.

i tried to not ask this,, i really did,, but? here goes,,,WHAT is you reason?

I don't even know what that means. Are you saying you out out gallons per acre near neighborhoods, or do a wide range of Gpa?

Yeah, it was bit unclear. Apologies. I do a wide range of GPA. From 2gpa to 30gpa. The bulk of the herbicide work I do is between 15-25 gpa. And the herbidicde rates per acre at those rates are in the gallons per acre range. Meaning, at 25gpa the amount of herbicde can be as high or higher than 5gals per acre.

And sometimes the tracts we are spraying are surrounded by houses or on the edges of neighborhoods. No need to light things on fire to do a good job.

Pesticides and drift are generally non-issues, but herbicides and drift are major liability issues; the higher the gallonage per acre, and the more coarse the nozzle output, the lower the drift potential.

Drift can take place without airborne droplets, however. Certain types of herbicides can damage susceptible crops, even some distance away, by vapor, especially on hot days. It's also not uncommon for drift claims (or law suits) by farmers when their crop has been damaged by their own negligence, if they think they can pin it on the ag pilot. This is less common in areas where one operator has serviced the same farmers for an extended period, and more common for transient ag operators or ag services with frequent turnover in ag pilots.

Chemicals like 2,4-D, which were the staple for many years, come in various forms. In the case of 2,4-D, the two basic types were Butyl-Ester, and Amine. Amine, with far less volatile chemicals, doesn't have the drift issues that Butyl-Ester does, or did. Physical drift of droplets is reduced by using larger droplets and higher gallonages with lower pressures, while chemical or vapor drift is reduced by using less volatile chemicals, using the wind, and spraying during cooler times of day with higher humidity.

@rotorhead gotcha. In CA we can't go less than 5gpa. Most is at 10gpa. I've done some 30/40galloj stuff. I'm heading to Kentucky for some 2gpa on corn! I'm excited as sh*t. Huey loads in the jetranger!

Any experience in timber? I'm doing that after corn in NC, SC with the accuflow nozzles but have NO experience flying that high doing herbicide so I'm nervous.

Just because someone does something different, doesn't make it wrong. avbug's abrasive posts and self proclaimed end all to anything aviation is what pisses me off.

@avbug

I'm Garrett, I fly for Marquis Aviation in Hanford Ca.

i'm currently back home in the midwest doing corn/soy. Mostly at 2gpa.

Not sure what you mean by huey loads in the jetranger. I assume you're just kidding.

I contract for very prominent and well established company on the east coast spraying timber. We use accuflow nozzles as well. Its like making rain. I've sprayed timber in West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Alabama.

That was the work I was referencing where the tracts are near neighborhoods. Real easy to screw up. Plenty of people looking for a payday out there.

Just because someone does something different, doesn't make it wrong. avbug's abrasive posts and self proclaimed end all to anything aviation is what pisses me off.

Proclaimed end-all, huh? Tell me about that Air Tractor experience, again. You were quick to talk about using the smoker for determining inversions and all kinds of clap trap...have you ever flown one? No?

You rabbit on about things you don't know, then have the temerity to try to broadcast your chutzpah on others. Stick to burning tires.

I believe by "huey loads in the jet ranger" he's trying to say he gets more acreage out of a 206 with low gallon work, and is impressed with himself.

You should see what you can pull out of an 802 with ULV and an 800 gallon hopper.

Get a grip Avbug

Where do you work? What's your name!? We won't find out because you are full of sh*t

Haven't flown an 802. Nor do I want to. I'm a helicopter pilot. I settled for a Huey. Anyone can sit in the cockpit of an 802 and tell their friends they fly. I've even been in the 1002 in Olney.

Look at me,

Look at me,

You're garbage Avbug. Absolute worthless garbage.

• Like 1

@rotorhead bad ass. Well maybe we can have a beer at the hotel and laugh at this thread. Most of my herbicide is with CP nozzles and defoliating. My boss keeps going on about accuflow and their amazingness. Recently been using tips / cores for bug juice and flood jet flat fan for herbicide. Can't beat the pattern.

I'm not a fan of CPs, one little crack or worn spot and it makes the pattern funky at times.

People are sue happy. A pilot at my last outfit got a violation for drifting on a fence at a factory. It was such crap. It was at night and an open equipment yard. Effin people

I've even been in the 1002 in Olney.

Look at me,

Look at me,

You actually sat in it? You're a bona fide expert, aren't you? Look at you. Look at you.

Did you get a picture? Show it off at the bar while you're bragging about those tire fires, and how they look just like blackhawk down.

What a piece of work.

@rotorhead bad ass. Well maybe we can have a beer at the hotel and laugh at this thread. Most of my herbicide is with CP nozzles and defoliating. My boss keeps going on about accuflow and their amazingness. Recently been using tips / cores for bug juice and flood jet flat fan for herbicide. Can't beat the pattern.

I'm not a fan of CPs, one little crack or worn spot and it makes the pattern funky at times.

People are sue happy. A pilot at my last outfit got a violation for drifting on a fence at a factory. It was such crap. It was at night and an open equipment yard. Effin people

Accuflow nozzles are quite the marvel. I'm more comfortable with 50-70ft release of herbicides out of an accuflow than I am with a 15ft release from CPs.

You can look out the door and watch exactly where it goes.

Do you use CP 03's? What swath width you run?

Edited by Rotorhead84

Guest pokey

Typo?

No. You've simply got nothing to contribute to the thread.

Again.

a typo is hitting the wrong letter on the keyboard

as in bub//bug.....oh geeesh ! have i resorted to your level of name calling now?

you sure have a way of bringing out the worst in people, and you wonder why you get attacked in here?

many of us would really like to hear of your worldly flying stories, i have heard plenty from ppls that do not hide behind a computer screen.

why are you such a secretive know-it-all?

Accuflow nozzles are quite the marvel. I'm more comfortable with 50-70ft release of herbicides out of an accuflow than I am with a 15ft release from CPs.

You can look out the door and watch exactly where it goes.

Do you use CP 03's? What swath width you run?

I started in a 44 with CPs, ran 35 ft.

We ended up switching to the tee jet tips and cores for the summer spraying, put boom extensions and got it to 42 ft, which is the golden number out here since 4 passes on half mile is 10 acre load the gtfo of the Robby.

The 206 I fly we use the tee jet flat fan inserts, forget the actual name. We use the same swath, 42 ft, sometimes, 44 to get an extra pass for trim at the end of the field. We use 66ft for the Huey, works out to 10 passes for 40 acres.

I believe we are going to use about 55 ft for the accuflows but still have to get it all set up before it ships out. What do you use?

My boss says the same thing about looking out the window. Puts my nerves at ease since I deserve to get sued! And now it CLEARLY makes sense about burning the Forrest down with a tire. Out here we light up on dirt roads so we have little threat of mass fires. Especially this year in the drought.

avbug, you clearly missed the Insult, showing your friends lies is what you do. I don't have to play big bad ass on the forums. Oh and by the way....

Where do you work? Or do you only answer your own questions? Coward