Ok, so you are essentially in the reserve for the 2ish years you are in training and once that is done you are active? Does the army just do this to save them money?

Change of heart Brian? Dont wanna fly air force anymore?

Change of heart Brian? Dont wanna fly air force anymore?

Took some time and looked into a lot of options, from AF OCS to Marine PLC. None were a real "guarantee" when it came to flying time like WOFT is, you are first an officer, then a pilot when you are commissioned. Im only 20 so I think I will spends the beginning of my career getting as much flying time as I can as a warrant and possibly go to OCS later.

Do any other AD Army on here who were selected know what the next step is after selection? I'm not finding much info on USAREC's website and I'm sure this has been answered before so if anyone can lead me to the right place I would appreciate it.

I saw that you will be notified 90 days after selection, which seems like a long time. Also, is it via email or what?

In the NG for people that are woc for the guard, like I was, get orders after being accepted that appoint us as a woc. Meaning we can wear the rank. The ones you've seen who are wearing it over a year tend to be the school dropouts who are waiting for a second chance to go back and try again. Not the right people. There are exceptions though.

Should also probably think about wearing the rank as your tech job might say hey!!! I'm leaving soon, microscope me.. Be Carefull.

They will issue woc rank when you get here so no sweat.

Didn't know that. Sounds horrible. I'd still avoid wearing WOC rank as long as possible.

Ok, so you are essentially in the reserve for the 2ish years you are in training and once that is done you are active? Does the army just do this to save them money?

I don't think it saves the Army money. I really wouldn't worry about it. You really won't notice any difference between your W1 and W2+ time.

Do any other AD Army on here who were selected know what the next step is after selection? I'm not finding much info on USAREC's website and I'm sure this has been answered before so if anyone can lead me to the right place I would appreciate it.

I saw that you will be notified 90 days after selection, which seems like a long time. Also, is it via email or what?

I was selected on the May board,so far this is how it worked for me (active duty):

1-2 weeks I got an email with a welcome packet and notification that my distance learning phase one date had Ben scheduled. It also gave instructions on how to enroll into the dl phase... Be careful though because in those instructions it states u can't enroll until u get your phase 2 date

I had to wait about 1-2 weeks after receiving the first email until I got my phase 2 (wocs) date. In that email I got my wocs date and wobc class date (7-8 months away from selection date)

I just finished dl phase online, u get 90days to complete and I would say it took me a little over a month to do.... Chugging along at a moderate pace

Anyway congrats to all... This is as far as I got so far... Advice given to me was know the sop before u go...which wil be given to u during your online phase 1

• Like 1

I had to wait about 1-2 weeks after receiving the first email until I got my phase 2 (wocs) date. In that email I got my wocs date and wobc class date (7-8 months away from selection date)

Is that 7 AND 8 months respectively for WOCS and then WOBC, or just for WOCS? Also, I assume both were in the form of an ATRRS reservation...?

Just found out I made CPT. I'll pin in October, then resign and become a Warrant prior to AV BOLC some time early next year. All in all, it's been a pretty solid 2 weeks!

Is that straight to CW2?

Just found out I made CPT. I'll pin in October, then resign and become a Warrant prior to AV BOLC some time early next year. All in all, it's been a pretty solid 2 weeks!

Congrats CPTamerica! Solid 2 weeks indeed! Reporting to Ft Rucker cant come soon enough, hope I can score a WOCS class that will be this year.. First drink is on me at Mother Rucker's

If at all possible, hold the CPT rank for 180 days. That may or may not be possible given the class dates, etc. But if you can hold for 180 days then O-3 will become your highest, permanent rank held. You just never know...... could get hurt or disabled sometime between W-1 and W-3, at which point you would want W-3 to be your highest rank held.

But, congrats either way!

• Like 2

For selectees that are required to attend Phase 1 resident course at WOCS, here's a link to the upcoming class dates:

https://www.atrrs.army.mil/atrrscc/courseInfo.aspx?fy=2015&sch=020&crs=911-09W&crstitle=WARRANT+OFFICER+CANDIDATE&phase=1

Not sure if these are full or what. All it says is 'capacity'.

Thanks to you, I freaking finally know my class number, THANK YOU!

Edit:

Why is the class duration only 2 weeks?

• Like 1