GT: 114

SIFT: 55

APFT: 245

Education: B.S Molecular Bioscience/Biotechnology. Rochester Institute of technology.

Flight Experience: None

LOR's: CW5, Colonel, CW3, Boss (Director of Transplant Surgery).

Military Experience: None.

Submitted my civilian packet, no waivers or corrections needed, on 20140609 and found out yesterday my Board date in tomorrow!!!!! So, I'm a little on the nervous side.

• Like 3

Things change so quickly around here, I wouldn't read too much into it. I remember the feeling though, having nothing to do but try to figure out odds and predictions.

• Like 2

This will be my first post. I've been checking in on the forums here for a while and thought I'd throw up my stats for a peer review and shed a little light on my packet submission and board experience.

GT: 116

SIFT: 64

APFT: 284

Civ Education: HS only, unfortunately

Mil Education: Air Assault, Pathfinder, WLC, ALC (Commandant's List), Combatives 1 & 2, UPL

Flight Experience: None

LOR's: Company Commander (O-3), Battalion Commander (O-5), CW4 Standardization Pilot (OH-58D), CW4 Instructor Pilot (CH-47)

Military Experience: 11B, 8 years TIS AD Army, 1 year TIG as a Staff Sergeant (E-6)

Waiver: Tattoo

I originally submitted my completed packet in late April. I got word that I was still in a waiver status about two weeks after the May board. I was browsing the board results from May out of curiosity and found myself (to my surprise) on the FQ-NS list. Apparently my packet had been rushed to the board since the waiver wasn't required at the time. Anyways, I contacted USAREC about a week ago and found that my packet is still in a waiver status. Given that I submitted my packet on 28 April, that should give the tattoo waiver guys a general warm and fuzzy as to how that process is moving along. I know that one of my weak points in my application will be my lack of civilian education, but I just haven't had the time to knock out a whole lot of classes being on the line for the last eight years with multiple deployments. Hopefully the second time around will get it done. Good luck to everybody in July!

• Like 3

All comin down to the wire for me. 3 LOR's in hand to complete the packet and just waiting on my fourth(heavy hitter) LOR. Interviewed last week and praying that it was mailed on Saturday. Was going to use 5 but one of the letters I got that I was hoping would be well written, wasnt.

• Like 1

Waiting on Rucker to send me their stamp of approval for the flight physical here. Literally, everything else complete. If there were any issues that would've prevented me from being approved, I'm assuming the Naval Flight Surgeon would've never signed off.

Ncotowo, looks like your packet should be good. What is the tattoo waiver for. Where are your tattoos?

One tattoo on each forearm. 8.5" x .75" each, text only, non-offensive . I've already had one removal session, however I'm told by the recruiting team that won't be considered by USAREC until they are completely gone.

That face you make when you find out a Navy E3 has been lying to you for weeks about still standing by for word on your flight physical when in actuality, he lost it, found it and just Fed-Ex'd it Monday to Rucker. Murder on my mind. :angry:

That face you make when you find out a Navy E3 has been lying to you for weeks about still standing by for word on your flight physical when in actuality, he lost it, found it and just Fed-Ex'd it Monday to Rucker. Murder on my mind. :angry:

Damnnnnn. I hope he can get it expedited or something. My turn around time was one month exactly from the day I took my exam to when I received that beautiful blue stamp.

Damnnnnn. I hope he can get it expedited or something. My turn around time was one month exactly from the day I took my exam to when I received that beautiful blue stamp.

Yeah, spoke with a SSG over there at the Rucker clinic. He's expediting it for me. Problem is that they have to send it back to the origin facility once approved and then I need to get it from them all by Friday. :blink:

:unsure: . My facility mailed mine to my house and scanned a copy to my recruiter. Question for the crowd. I have 3 LOR's ready to go from my college baseball coach, a retired O-4 USMC F-4 RIO, and a retired Army O-5. I am waiting for one more LOR. Can i submit it if i receive it after the cutoff of July 1st for my battalion? Or will USAREC only see the same documents that the battalion board will see?

SIFT: 60

APFT: 255

Civilian Education- B.S. in Forensics

Military Education- OCS, Ordnance BOLC, UMO

No Waivers

9 years Army, 5 Enlisted 4 Comissioned

LORs: BG, MG, CW5 all AV, LTC( AD)

OERs: Stellar- 3 ACOM

Flight experience:

Currently an active duty 1LT, resigning my Comission to fly. Should have gone Warrant to begin with.

I have no idea what the CIV board looks at vs the USAREC one. If it's after the cutoff it won't go into the packet for that board. That's why it's called a cutoff.

Im just curious because my battalion board is going to be after the July 1st cutoff but they said they will try and push it through because there is no local board sooner. I may actually wait for the September board if that is the case. I would hate to risk getting a FQ-NS because I submitted it without this LOR, and thus not the best packet I could have submitted.

SIFT: 60

APFT: 255

Civilian Education- B.S. in Forensics

Military Education- OCS, Ordnance BOLC, UMO, Air Load Planner

No Waivers

9 years Army- 5 Enlisted (Reserve), 4 Comissioned (Active)

LORs: BG (UH-60), MG (AH-64), CW5 (AH-64), LTC (BN CDR Air Defense)

OERs: Stellar- 3 ACOM

Flight experience: 10ish hours in Chinook Jump Seat, lots of time in the back of a Blackhawk. Simulator time with a CW3 Chinook IP.

Currently an active duty 1LT, resigning my Comission to fly. Should have gone Warrant to begin with.

Definetly want Blackhawks!

• Like 1

I doubt that a single LOR would cause you to be a FQ-NS, but that's just my opinion. You already have the required amount I'm assuming, so it's just extra. So, you're in effect just fluffing it up, when it hopefully doesn't need to be. If it's a strong LOR, or your others aren't and it's there to augment, then fine. But having more than the required amount just for the sake of having extra doesn't mean it'll be looked at favorably.

Remember (at least in the case of the USAREC board), there is a finite amount of time that the board has to look through each packet. Having a bunch of added BS isn't necessarily the best way to let each board member see the whole thing.

Sorry I duplicated my first post. Hoping to meet all of you guys at Rucker soon. Does anybody know what they want to fly?

Impressive stuff cptamerica. Dont see why you wouldnt get picked up. Hoping to be there with you. I know its putting the cart before the horse and will change 100 times but right now I would pick 64's then 60's. 47's just dont appeal to me at all and my second choice of 58's, well yea we all know what happened to that.

Has anyone looked at the tattoo validation memo that has to be added to packets? It looks like a drafted letter and also another form that must be signed by the applicant. The memo states that it has to be signed by an 0-3 or higher. Does anyone know if this applies to civilians as well or just signed off by someone at the recruiting station?