What's going on guys? Hope everyone is well. I'm new here and I have a few issues myself with the current in session board. Specifically for ncotowo or any sister service with a tattoo waiver. Ok so here's a bit of my background.

-ACTIVE MARINE

-MADE ALL DEADLINES FOR JULY 2014 BOARD

-286 APFT (NOT MY BEST)

-TATTOO WAIVER STILL PENDING. (what I'm being told is "DAG1 is still deciding if they are going to grandfather sister services tattoos" I've had this tattoo for 10 years and have been in almost 9.)

-i have no issues trying to get it removed but curious to know if anyone else is in my situation?

Im in on this board as well. I know they are filling 52 seats this round. Dont know if that just ad or a mix of ad and civ though. Hopefully I get selected for one. We just flew into ft Polk for jrtc but ill be keeping a close watch on my phone :P

Anybody know if AD get phone calls as well?

Hi guys,

Out of curiosity how long does it take to go from getting selected by the board to shipping off to basic training? I am entering my senior year of college and would love to apply to the October board, but only if I would have enough time to finish my degree before leaving. Any info on the subject would be appreciated.

Hi guys,

Out of curiosity how long does it take to go from getting selected by the board to shipping off to basic training? I am entering my senior year of college and would love to apply to the October board, but only if I would have enough time to finish my degree before leaving. Any info on the subject would be appreciated.

I asked this question in a thread myself, here is the response SkyReaper gave me.

Yes. You can go to your registrar or your major degree counselor and have them type up and sign an expected graduation letter listing the courses remaining and expected graduation date. Doing so and including in your package will likely allow you to claim your degree before graduating.

Hi guys,

Selected and enlisted at the end of May 2014

Original BCT ship date: Nov 14

Updated BCT ship date: Sept 8

This is more what I was looking for. Did you have any say in picking the dates or was that all the army?

This was my first introduction to ARMY needs come first(LMFAO), I was informed that my BCT was changed to Sept 8, just got a call from the recruiter, "Well idk if you're going to be happy about this." Of course, as you probably know, I was happy about the change, it is less time I have to wait until I get to flight school.

Going back to the day I was enlisting, the gentleman at MEPS checked for the earliest date WOCS was available, no choice on that either.

It might be a long wait until you leave, that is what it feels like for me, but I'll pass some advice I got along, take that time and spend it with those you love, those good and positive friends, do lots of PT, I'm running at least 4 days a week at 0530 and then going to work 5 days a week, do all of the tourist stuff you've never done in your town, and just make the best of the time you have left, after you enlist, you might not have a choice where you end up.

But before you do any of this, focus on getting selected, there is plenty of competition and fewer slots because of budget cuts. Good luck on your application!

This was my first introduction to ARMY needs come first(LMFAO), I was informed that my BCT was changed to Sept 8, just got a call from the recruiter, "Well idk if you're going to be happy about this." Of course, as you probably know, I was happy about the change, it is less time I have to wait until I get to flight school.

Going back to the day I was enlisting, the gentleman at MEPS checked for the earliest date WOCS was available, no choice on that either.

It might be a long wait until you leave, that is what it feels like for me, but I'll pass some advice I got along, take that time and spend it with those you love, those good and positive friends, do lots of PT, I'm running at least 4 days a week at 0530 and then going to work 5 days a week, do all of the tourist stuff you've never done in your town, and just make the best of the time you have left, after you enlist, you might not have a choice where you end up.

But before you do any of this, focus on getting selected, there is plenty of competition and fewer slots because of budget cuts. Good luck on your application!

Thanks for the advice man. I think I am just going to wait till the next board and apply for that one, I think my mom would kill me if I got this close to graduating and didn't (first person in my family to go to college). I'm only 20 right now so I have plenty of time to get selected. Do you know where I could find a list of the dates the board meets?

Thanks for the advice man. I think I am just going to wait till the next board and apply for that one, I think my mom would kill me if I got this close to graduating and didn't (first person in my family to go to college). I'm only 20 right now so I have plenty of time to get selected. Do you know where I could find a list of the dates the board meets?

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOgeninfo_boardschedule.shtml

Your battalion board, which is basically 3 officers interviewing you, and asking about yourself, some guide questions are in USAREC 601-91 on page 11, is setup with the help of your recruiter, you will have 3 identical copies of your packet. Instructions on the order of your packet is again located on 601-91. The only difference is there is that I didn't use the right/left side order as indicated on the reg, I was told to make it single sided, the page protectors also only held one page, and the pages were printed on only one side.

If I'm not being clear please let me know, cheers.

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOgeninfo_boardschedule.shtml

Your battalion board, which is basically 3 officers interviewing you, and asking about yourself, some guide questions are in USAREC 601-91 on page 11, is setup with the help of your recruiter, you will have 3 identical copies of your packet. Instructions on the order of your packet is again located on 601-91. The only difference is there is that I didn't use the right/left side order as indicated on the reg, I was told to make it single sided, the page protectors also only held one page, and the pages were printed on only one side.

If I'm not being clear please let me know, cheers.

That is incredibly helpful, congrats on getting selected and good luck on your journey.

54 FQ-S

35 FQ-NS

31 NQ-NS

45% Selection rate this board.

What exactly does fully qualified-non select mean? Does that just mean you had a complete packet and it was reviewed (i.e the minimum requirements) or does it mean your packet was competitive and just not selected? (as in good packet just not one of the top 54)