What exactly does fully qualified-non select mean? Does that just mean you had a complete packet and it was reviewed (i.e the minimum requirements) or does it mean your packet was competitive and just not selected? (as in good packet just not one of the top 54)

It means that you mets the qualifications but due to the competitiveness of the board, you weren't selected. Basically, there is 54 school slots, and 120 amount of board packets. Top 54 go.

Hey guys another quick question. How is it decided if you are going active or reserves? Is that determined prior to applying or after you are trained?

If I'm not mistaken you will be reserves, when you hit CW2 then you go active duty.

Congrats everyone. i myself was in the July board but was unfortunately not selected but not sure under what category, had a quick talk to my recruiter last night and I am out of state for work right now so plan to talk to him when i get home. I have a few questions. I do not know what the acronyms for FQ-S ( i assume selected) FQ-NS and NQ-NS, if anyone can inform me on what those mean. also depending on what type of non selection I am does anyone know the next step or any advice on how to better my packet. current.

GT 123

SIFT 53

AA in history with a 2.9 GPA and working on Engineering AS and BS

PT score 284

LOR W4 pilot for 160th, LTC pilot (commanding) from 160th, President of current company president. HS JROTC instructor, Brother/ Former Army SGT and a Customer of a work program, who is former military marine.

Any advice or changes would be greatly appreciated. And again Congrats to all of you who got accepted, best news ever, hopefully i can get that news someday soon!!

Wtf. Not selected once again. Pretty sure it was my inability to retake my pt test while deployed. Awesome! I'm going to submit a wait period exception considering I just completed another deployment, and I have another ncoer to add in addition to basically maxing my pt score.

Congratulations again to everyone selected. Enjoy it.

• Like 3

Wtf. Not selected once again. Pretty sure it was my inability to retake my pt test while deployed. Awesome! I'm going to submit a wait period exception considering I just completed another deployment, and I have another ncoer to add in addition to basically maxing my pt score.

Congratulations again to everyone selected. Enjoy it.

Good luck Jon! Everybody on this forum will be pulling for you.

• Like 6

Interesting, I thought it would be similar to applying for OCS where you specify your intentions before the board reviews your packet. Any way you know of to get active duty immediately?

You can't. Apparently a WO1 can't be active duty, I don't remember why though. I do remember it is part of DA FORM 61.

The option for active duty is there, but you are forced to pick reserves.

It's an administrative thing. If you're applying for active duty you'll be an active reserve member because that's the way it is. It's no different from your perspective though. If they didn't tell you to check the reserve block on your DA 61 you'd probably never even know it.

If you actually want to be reserves, I think you have to apply through a reserve unit, but I don't really know how that works.

So now that I am selected, do I get WOC now or when I arrive at school? I will have a few more drills to attend in the guard, and I am also a fulltime Federal Tech, so it would be cool to wear the new rank if it is permitted... Any thought or guidance on this?

You're not a WOC until you arrive at WOCS and it's not a cool rank to wear. The less time you spend wearing it, the better.

Ok thanks. The guard does it slightly different, so I had some conflicting info over here. As soon as the applicant passes the board they put on WOC from that point on. Ive seen some guys with WOC on for over a year! lol

In the NG for people that are woc for the guard, like I was, get orders after being accepted that appoint us as a woc. Meaning we can wear the rank. The ones you've seen who are wearing it over a year tend to be the school dropouts who are waiting for a second chance to go back and try again. Not the right people. There are exceptions though.

Should also probably think about wearing the rank as your tech job might say hey!!! I'm leaving soon, microscope me.. Be Carefull.

They will issue woc rank when you get here so no sweat.

• Like 1

It's an administrative thing. If you're applying for active duty you'll be an active reserve member because that's the way it is. It's no different from your perspective though. If they didn't tell you to check the reserve block on your DA 61 you'd probably never even know it.

If you actually want to be reserves, I think you have to apply through a reserve unit, but I don't really know how that works.

Ok, so you are essentially in the reserve for the 2ish years you are in training and once that is done you are active? Does the army just do this to save them money?