Next step WOFT/WOCS?

• 5 months later...

The sit-ups are just a lot different then the crunches we are used to. Always get 100 crunches, but when I first tried sit-ups, I did like 50 2-3 weeks later it was 75, thats when I went to Airborne, it shouldn't be that hard to transition over to a full sit up, that just shows me that Marine didn't care enough. Now I'm having trouble going from 77-82 I need to max, I've been stuck for a while, any advice?

1. I don't try to hold myself up as I am going back. Once I break the vertical plane, I throw myself back to the ground. It uses a whole different set of muscles and gives my hip flexors a break. It also speeds up my tempo, so I am fitting more situps into the same timeframe.

2. I don't lie with my feet flat on the ground. I don't know the kinesiological reason, but it is a weak position for the legs. I plant my heels on the ground and leave my toes up in the air, the holder is still able to grab my ankles.

I could never max situps until I incorporated both of these.

3. If only the shoulder blades need to touch, then I only touch my shoulder blades before beginning the next rep. Nothing worse than having reps not count, except wasting effort that will cost you reps towards the end.

4. At the opposite end, I learned where the base of my neck breaks the vertical plane with the small of my back. I figured that I only need to travel forward enough to make sure that the rep is not questioned. Once I reached that point, I relaxed those muscles and executed my point #1.

5. I don't count in my head. I just sit up and throw myself back down, repeating until I can't do it anymore. What I count in my head doesn't matter anyways.

Edited by Linc

I've done the downloading thing. I'm a prior service Marine, so no Army stuff at all. Also no BCT. It's going to be interesting for sure. The main thing I'm stressing about right now is the POV issue.

Depends on if you have to attend Phase 1 or just go to Phase 2 WOCC after doing the distance course. I have PCS authorized to my Phase 2 on my orders.

Currently AD USMC

• Like 1