January 2015 board

Holy smokes! 18 pages on one board. smh. Congrats and condolences, all! Always remember, while this is a really good way, there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

Finally got my last LOR and submitted my package to USAREC today. Figured its about time to start a thread for the January 2015 board, (submission deadline mid November).

GT/AFQT: 119

SIFT: 74

APFT: 278

Civilian Education: B.S. in Aviation Administration, Utah Valley University, 2009. AAS Air Traffic Control and AAS Airline Dispatch, Green River Community College, 2010

Military Education: Air Assault School

Flight Experience: fixed wing private pilot license, 2006

LOR's: CW4 (SOAR Blackhawk Aviator), Commander (Blackhawk aviator), Battalion Commander (Blackhawk aviator)

Military Experience: 1 year, 8 months TIS Active

Waiver: PRK Eye waiver

Selected January 2015 Board

Congrats to all that made it and keep at it for those who didn't.

I was under the impression that civilian applicants find out their results early on during final selection week since they are typically reviewed first, however I still have not heard anything. My recruiters seem to think there is nothing abnormal about not knowing the results yet. I just thought it odd that even the Army Times had the AD guys published last week, and there are still some of us that don't know yet. Is this normal? I figured final selection would most likely be complete, and all names would be published by now.

I was under the impression that civilian applicants find out their results early on during final selection week since they are typically reviewed first, however I still have not heard anything. My recruiters seem to think there is nothing abnormal about not knowing the results yet. I just thought it odd that even the Army Times had the AD guys published last week, and there are still some of us that don't know yet. Is this normal? I figured final selection would most likely be complete, and all names would be published by now.

I was a civilian street to seat guy on the Sept 2013 board. I literally found out the next day after the board at COB. My recruiter said our names came out on a milper list that only they can see/check...your mileage may vary.

I was a civilian street to seat guy on the Sept 2013 board. I literally found out the next day after the board at COB. My recruiter said our names came out on a milper list that only they can see/check...your mileage may vary.

Is this the case for most other civilian applicants I wonder?

Is this the case for most other civilian applicants I wonder?

I've known two civilian guys who found out 7-10 days after the board was over, but I'm sure it varies for every applicant. I believe the results are passed down from USAREC to the Battalion and then to your recruiter. So if someone just sits on it and doesn't communicate it, you won't find out until later.

I'd say most of my friends I went to WOCS and BCT knew pretty quick.

Just found out last night around 630. Battalion First Sergeant called me to tell me my packet never even saw the selection board. They sat on my age waiver and then tried to submit it a week before the selection board thinking nothing of it. The First Sergeant is now telling me that I am in a group of 6 others in the same situation and that they are going to try and push for a "special selection board". I am so tired of the smoke and mirrors of recruiting. The only reason I even need an age waiver is because the recruiter sat for three months on scheduling me my battalion board. I warned them that I turn 33 at the end of November, and asked if I will need a waiver. They said don't worry about it. From September to November nothing was done. I should have been up for the November selection board.

So finally I sit for the battalion board on 12/29/14, and receive a 75/75 with outstanding remarks. And they submit my packet. They come back to me 1/5/14 and tell me it looks like the age waiver requires a "letter of explanation" attached to it, basically a letter explaining why I deserve an age waiver. Clearly at this point I am just shaking my head in disbelief. I write the letter and they submit it all off the same day, 1/5/14. One week later the selection board convenes. All of my recruiters are telling me I am in, and that they will notify me first thing. A week goes by. Nothing. And then yesterday evening happens. I am just hugely disappointed in the Army recruitment process. It should not be like this. A pack of lies and confusion to the applicant. If it was not for this website, I would be even farther behind than I already am. I guess I will sit tight and wait for May...

I actually just talked to HRC and they haven't recieved the results yet to start scheduling, she said it will most likely take 90-120 days to get a date and were not looking to be in class until mid - late 2015... She said between the middle of the summer at earliest and late October November at the latest. She also made it clear that was strictly an estimate.

I actually just talked to HRC and they haven't recieved the results yet to start scheduling, she said it will most likely take 90-120 days to get a date and were not looking to be in class until mid - late 2015... She said between the middle of the summer at earliest and late October November at the latest. She also made it clear that was strictly an estimate.

That's good to know. I'm sure this is on a forum somewhere but I can't find a definitive/updated answer to this:

Do AD guys PCS before WOCS or is it just TDY and PCS after WOCS?

My wife and I are dual military so we're trying to line up our move.

• Like 1

I am transfering from the ARNG in CA to active duty. They are having me attend WOCS in an IET status, flying to Rucker from MEPS, and upon completion I will recieve PCS orders or Rucker prior to my WOBC report date... My situatuion is slightly different, but i believe they are making everyone attend in a temporary duty status these days.

I'm national guard and we are they same way TDY for WOCS then PCS like a week or so before WOBC. My dates between graduation from WOCS and start of WOBC are less then 30 days and they are still doing it that way. Not sure how it is for y'all tho.

WOCS graduation May 6th, WOBC starts May 25th... Cutting it close for a PCS, but ill make it happen.

Any inter-service guys/gals that have completed WOCS recently shed any light on the same situation?

I'm AD USMC, they changed my EAS and then I go to MEPS and I am authorized a PCS move. I was selected July 2014 and I'm headed to Rucker in April. I contacted the lady scheduling and asked to be put on a notification if any seats open earlier, I was originally scheduled for June.

• Like 1