January 2015 board

Has anyone had a waiver approved in order to be boarded in January? If so, please PM me.

I don't know about everyone else! BUT I know my waiver was not approved and they said something along the lines of " Based on the high number of applicants for 153A MOS, there is no current requirement to seek additional applicants via the waiver process" . so I don't know if that is just what they told me to let me down easy, or if that is what everyone is being told!

I had a AFS waiver for 12 years and 4 months.

New to the forum...just seeing if anyone else has been enrolled in Phase 1 yet and if so, have you heard about your dates for phase 2?

Yeah man I just got enrolled as well and I called HRC and they told me my school date for phase 2 is 12 May and I should have orders in less than a month.

• Like 1

I don't know about everyone else! BUT I know my waiver was not approved and they said something along the lines of " Based on the high number of applicants for 153A MOS, there is no current requirement to seek additional applicants via the waiver process" . so I don't know if that is just what they told me to let me down easy, or if that is what everyone is being told!

I had a AFS waiver for 12 years and 4 months.

Yours was an active duty waiver. I think TriViper's is a civilian waiver. That may make a major difference.

I'm trying to call HRC but don't know if I have the correct number if someone could send me the number of who to talk to I'd appreciate it!

I sent you a PM with a possible POC, let me know if I'm right.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this question. Since I am AD, and I will be attending WOCS in May, will that be a PCS move for me prior to attendinf WOCS? I already have a date for WOBC, it starts one month after I graduate WOCS, so I'm a little curious if they will put me in a TDY return status, and report back to my unit after WOCS to clear before WOBC. I hope that is not the case, once I leave Ft Jackson I do not want to come back. I am also asking this question because I am dual military, and am trying to get everything lined up so that me spouse and family can move with me, she is a 92Y4, so it shouldn't be hard to find her a slot down there. Any help would be appricated

Yours was an active duty waiver. I think TriViper's is a civilian waiver. That may make a major difference.

I agree. I believe they look at civilian and AD applicants a little differently. Although with the drawdown, who knows what they are approving these days.

I read this on the USAREC website regarding AFS waivers:

"You can apply regardless of AFS but require a waiver if you have 12 years or more of AFS. The standard for approving an AFS waiver is more stringent than for a prerequisite waiver."

I'm not sure why AFS would be more stringent. I suppose if you already have 12+ years, they don't want you retiring after your first term as a helo pilot?? That's my only guess.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...