January 2015 board

Alright so I here I am......a November board ready applicant pushed to January. Here we go.....bring on January.

Here with you, been awaiting this too long

Dude I just submitted my packet for January and I am already antsy. I can't imagine how you guys must feel.

Where the hell is everyone meeting all of these 160th guys? Christ it seems like everyone knows a guy in SOAR.

Pretty much just gotta be at or around Lewis, Campbell, or Stewart (Hunter Army Airfield). Those are the only places they are.

Luckily for me I have a lot of Enlisted friends that are in 160th and they hooked me up with an interview.

Pretty much just gotta be at or around Lewis, Campbell, or Stewart (Hunter Army Airfield). Those are the only places they are.

Luckily for me I have a lot of Enlisted friends that are in 160th and they hooked me up with an interview.

Bogus... I spent all my time at Ft. Bliss.

Andoh, you're a sick bastard for liking this. Clearly you've never spent time in Bliss!

• Like 1

Where the hell is everyone meeting all of these 160th guys? Christ it seems like everyone knows a guy in SOAR.

Well I am here at ft Campbell where 160th headquarters is located, that's how I received my lor from a cw4 from there, it was as simple as walking over there and asking for an interview from the first cw4 pilot I seen. I'm assuming a lot of applicants who do receive lor's from 160th pilots are stationed here at Campbell

Well I am here at ft Campbell where 160th headquarters is located, that's how I received my lor from a cw4 from there, it was as simple as walking over there and asking for an interview from the first cw4 pilot I seen. I'm assuming a lot of applicants who do receive lor's from 160th pilots are stationed here at Campbell

Campbell's a bit of a drive for me. I'm 5 hours from Knox as it is, and I'm meeting with a CW4 on Monday at Knox for a LOR. If I don't get picked up in January then I'll see if I can snag a meeting with a TF guy.

Hello everyone,

Im an Air Force guy trying to go WO. I don't know if anyone else is Air Force in here.

GT (conversion): 115

SIFT: 47

APFT: 276

Civilian Education: A.A. in Air and Space Operations Technology from the Community College of the Air Force (3.0 GPA) B.S in Information Computer Science/Networking Security From Park University (108 credits Proj Aug 15 Grad date 2.5 GPA)

Military Education: Airman Leadership School(PME), SERE S-V80-A Combat survival, SERE S-V90-A Water survival Non- Parachute, SERE S-V83-A (EQQ)

Flight Physical: Complete and stamped

Conditional release: ​Approved

Flight Experience: 1300+ hours on an E-8C, 90+ Combat Missions, 900+ combat Hours

LOR's: CW4 CH-47, O4 Air Battle Manager, O5 Navigator

Military Experience: 12 years TIS Active Duty AF, 1 years TIG as a Technical Sergeant (E6) MOS's: Comm, Air Traffic Controller, Senior Surveillance Manager

Waiver: AFS

Other: 1 Iraq, 1 Kuwait, 3 Qatar

• Like 2

Just starting my process really hoping to make the May board so I figured I would stop creeping and post here for the first time.

GT/AFQT: 129/95

SIFT: Currently studying waiting until 100% confidence

APFT: 260

Education: Associate of Arts Degree 2.9 GPA Junior B.S. Aviation Management

Flight Physical: Process of scheduling

Waiver: None

LOR's: Army BG, two CW3's uh-60

Aviation: None

Other Info: Not sure what to put here, Grounds crew Foreman. Certified SCUBA diver with 5 specialties.

• Like 1

Just starting my process really hoping to make the May board so I figured I would stop creeping and post here for the first time.

Other Info: Not sure what to put here, Grounds crew Foreman. Certified SCUBA diver with 5 specialties.

A GO? Yer good.

A GO? Yer good.

I am assuming street to seat candidate? Not sure on their process but I know Active Duty the board will not look at General LORs unless they are in your direct chain or command.

Not sure what you mean by this :/ I have to touch up on my acronyms

General Officer

• Like 1

I am assuming street to seat candidate? Not sure on their process but I know Active Duty the board will not look at General LORs unless they are in your direct chain or command.

General Officer

Got it I'll have to do some research on that one and to answer your question yes street to seat.

This is from the USAREC FAQs:

Q: What is the standard on Letters of Recommendation?

A: A minimum of three letters of recommendation is required and they must be less than 12 months old. You require one from your first level of UCMJ (Company Commander), one from your Field Grade UCMJ authority (Battalion Commander) and one from a Senior Warrant Officer (SWO) in your chosen career specialty. Applicants submitting flight packets may substitute a letter from a MAJ or higher (Aviation Branch on flight status) for the SWO. The Company Commander and Battalion Commander letters must be from your current chain of command unless you have been assigned less than 90 days. In this instance, you may obtain letters from your previous chain-of-command, but you must make note of this by attaching a note or memo to the letters. The letters should be specific and quantifiable. Do not use a form letter with generic and flowery sentences. General Officer letters of recommendation will not be reviewed by the selection board unless that Officer is in your direct chain of command or when the letter is used as the Senior Aviator letter of recommendation.

But like I said, that may be just for Active Duty or In-Service.

After a frustrating week, I can safely say I WILL be on the January board after a few corrections and improvements. My packet was not placed on the selection board for November (very long story) so this will technically be my initial selection board, even though I was ready for the September Board. Good luck to everyone. For reference here is my Packet stats:

GT/AFQT: 125/85

SIFT: 66

APFT: 244 (re-taking in the next few weeks)

Education: Associate of Arts Degree w/ 3.4 GPA

Flight Physical: Completed and Approved

Waiver: ACL Reconstruction in 2009, Abnormal EKG

LOR's: Former Employer (Private Business Owner), Former Supervisor (Govt Employee), Previous College Professor (Retired Police Officer, and State Representative), Retired Army LTC (Family Friend), AD Army CW4.

Board: Scheduling a new Battalion Board for specific reasons (this is where the long story is)

Aviation: PPL in Rotor-craft. 55 total flight hours.

Other Info: Current Retail Manager for Oakley Inc., Assistant Manager/ Buyer for private retail company for 4 years, spent time Volunteering for Town of Breckenridge for multiple events.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

Im an Air Force guy trying to go WO. I don't know if anyone else is Air Force in here.

GT (conversion): 115

SIFT: 47

APFT: 271

Civilian Education: A.A. in Air and Space Operations Technology from the Community College of the Air Force (3.0 GPA) B.S in Information Computer Science/Networking Security From Park University (108 credits Proj Aug 15 Grad date 2.5 GPA)

Military Education: Airman Leadership School(PME), SERE S-V80-A Combat survival, SERE S-V90-A Water survival Non- Parachute, SERE S-V83-A (EQQ)

Flight Physical: Complete and stamped

Conditional release: ​Approved

Flight Experience: 1300+ hours on an E-8C, 90+ Combat Missions, 900+ combat Hours

LOR's: CW4 CH-47, O4 Air Battle Manager, O5 Navigator

Military Experience: 12 years TIS Active Duty AF, 1 years TIG as a Technical Sergeant (E6) MOS's: Comm, Air Traffic Controller, Senior Surveillance Manager

Waiver: AFS

Other: 1 Iraq, 1 Kuwait, 3 Qatar

It seems to me that you have a really good packet. Good luck!

• Like 1

What's up guys, this is my first post. LTL of sorts, add another ACRONYM to the books. I haven't seen a thread for the May board yet, but to all you that just got selected congrats and to the Jan boards, good luck I hope everything works out.

I'm putting my package together now for May and I was wondering if there's anyone else getting ready for that date.

Any word on the numbers they're looking to fill or recent selection rates?

Well, glad to post here finally, it's a great forum. Congrats Nov selects

I wouldn't worry so much on how many numbers the board is looking for, however you have some time to build a really strong packet to be ahead of the game. Good luck on the board.

Dude I just submitted my packet for January and I am already antsy. I can't imagine how you guys must feel.

I think the worst was the board week. The days can't go by fast enough. When the list publishes, don't look over it too fast or you will skip you name and believe you didn't make it. Good luck on the board though.

• Like 1