January 2015 board

I'm hoping that's just due to a lack of seats. We will see in about a month.

Anyways here's my updated info:

APFT: 300

SIFT: 59

Flight Phys: Next week or perhaps week after, who knows any more...

Education: 1 year away from BS in political science, 3.25 GPA

Board: See above

Waivers: None

LORs: Company level commander, battalion level commander, CW4 UH-60/AH-64 MTP

Military: 7 years TIS Cavalry Scout, 2 deployments. E-5

Prior active duty, current national guard that is competing for an active slot... which makes me street-to-seat.

The optometrist assumed I was doing a UAV flight physical and did not do the diluted eye test. That was the only step that was missing. We found out at the end of the day so I had to reschedule.

A similar situation happened to me during my flight physical, I was scheduled for a class 4 physical through every department. Until I was talking to the eye doctor and he realized I needed a class 1 so I had the refraction test completed. I still had to go back for more blood work though, since I ate food directly after labs.

The optometrist assumed I was doing a UAV flight physical and did not do the diluted eye test. That was the only step that was missing. We found out at the end of the day so I had to reschedule.

That sucks. Not only the fact that they messed you up but the eye exam sucks too! LOL. I gave myself a headache trying to focus.

I think only someone with close connections in USAREC will know the answer to that.

And me and wtfoski can tell you first hand there is zero chance of getting a hold of those numbers. Not even a general "light, average, or heavy" response.

And me and wtfoski can tell you first hand there is zero chance of getting a hold of those numbers. Not even a general "light, average, or heavy" response.

I think he means how many people on VR are applying as a civilian. He's looked up the past year's WOFT rates and is trying to predict next month. Check out his post in the November board thread.

• Like 1

I think he means how many people on VR are applying as a civilian. He's looked up the past year's WOFT rates and is trying to predict next month. Check out his post in the November board thread.

Yea i see that. I was more referencing what WTFoski was sayin as far as having a connect at usarec, which we did. They wouldnt release the number of applicants no matter how many times we asked nicely lol.

Yea i see that. I was more referencing what WTFoski was sayin as far as having a connect at usarec, which we did. They wouldnt release the number of applicants no matter how many times we asked nicely lol.

Those conversations were always interesting..... I've broken some "hard" individuals in some interrogations, but I can tell you that connect will NOT fold no matter how much pressure you put on him. Haha.

Right, how many on here are applying as civilians for Jan 2015? Typically about 30-35% of total civ applicant pool are on VR. I would imagine there'll be some carryover from the from 20 who weren't selected in Nov 2014 (11 of 31 selected).

It appears there should be 43 civilian seats left for Jan, May, and July 2015. So about 14 for each board the rest of the way. At this point last year, there were only 37 seats remaining, so despite the big budget cut in FY15, there's more seats left going forward.

Those conversations were always interesting..... I've broken some "hard" individuals in some interrogations, but I can tell you that connect will NOT fold no matter how much pressure you put on him. Haha.

Everyone should really beware of these interrogations too. Especially the one with the ice cubes, stuffed buffalo, and a nine iron....

Right, how many on here are applying as civilians for Jan 2015? Typically about 30-35% of total civ applicant pool are on VR. I would imagine there'll be some carryover from the from 20 who weren't selected in Nov 2014 (11 of 31 selected).

It appears there should be 43 civilian seats left for Jan, May, and July 2015. So about 14 for each board the rest of the way. At this point last year, there were only 37 seats remaining, so despite the big budget cut in FY15, there's more seats left going forward.

Exactly. I'd bet they're trying to hold seats for qualified candidates throughout the year by keeping some open.

Everyone should really beware of these interrogations too. Especially the one with the ice cubes, stuffed buffalo, and a nine iron....

That actually sounds a lot like my Friday night.... Haha. I never had the opportunity to do the good cop bad cop routine. It was actually kind of a no-no to have more than 1 officer in the immediate area during an interrogation. You'd really be surprised how far "I already know that answer to this question, but I want to see if you can be honest with me" goes. I wonder what would of happened if I said that to the guy at USAREC...... Hahaha.

Exactly. I'd bet they're trying to hold seats for qualified candidates throughout the year by keeping some open.

Jan might have a low acceptance rate. If there was a board two months prior, the # of seats available is usually about the same as the last board. But the large carryover from Nov. would stack the # of applicants. I would think May and July would look much more promising because it'd be more of a "clean slate" by then.

everyone is speculating so I might as well do the same. I am thinking that they will continue to select just 4 Air Force guys every board. So I am hoping they will select 8 total since there was no Nov board. When I started this journey I thought that there would be hundreds of people that would apply for Warrant Officer/Aviation. Since the Army has so many soldiers. I was thinking 300-400 soldiers a board just for aviation not 117 soldier average over the last 4 boards.

• Like 1

Well so I submitted my packet about 3 days before the deadline (close I know), finally got confirmation today that it made it to "board ready" status!

I got an additional LOR (from an non Aviator cw4) that is amazing that I plan on adding. I also I am trying to scrounge up some college credits to add before the cutoff. Will be cutting it close with that one though. So ready for this to be over.

Board ready that's good adnoh61B. They told me yesterday my package is in "H" status and currently with USAREC for review. I has to resubmit my SWO LOR. I just submitted the 3.3 with the digital sig. When they open it up the sig will get erased. So I just had to print it, then scan it, then send. I just hope I wrote enough for the AFS waiver.

• Like 1

Anyone got some advice?

I'm 19 (turn 20 in feb) and a PFC active duty. I currently have no college since I joined right out of high school so all I have is my 1 1/2 yrs military experience. I haven't taken the SIFT test yet because I wanna make sure I score great being that I don't have much else to stand out about my packet beside maybe my 300 pt and the fact that I already hold a TS clearance. My question is should I wait until I have a college degree to even stand a chance? Or do you think there are ways I could make it work without any college? Maybe I could take a few CLEP test and get some college credits or something.....

Anyone got some advice?

I'm 19 (turn 20 in feb) and a PFC active duty. I currently have no college since I joined right out of high school so all I have is my 1 1/2 yrs military experience. I haven't taken the SIFT test yet because I wanna make sure I score great being that I don't have much else to stand out about my packet beside maybe my 300 pt and the fact that I already hold a TS clearance. My question is should I wait until I have a college degree to even stand a chance? Or do you think there are ways I could make it work without any college? Maybe I could take a few CLEP test and get some college credits or something.....

Honestly, you dont have many strong points, a ts clearance is good but that's not a deciding factor in you getting picked up as the only requirement in regards to clearance is a secret, if I were you, I would attain a little bit of college, maybe even go for a degree, you are young so time is definitely on your side compared to some other active duty applicants, and if you dont pursue college, I suggest you have top notch NCOERS, granted you're at the rank of an nco when you apply, either way, study hard for the sift because your passing score is your only score, dont let me discourage you from putting in a packet though because the only packet that stands no chance is the one that never was put in, good luck in whatever you choose though

Anyone got some advice?

There are limited slots and a college degree seems to be one of the keys to getting in right now, but I would still apply. If you don't make it, start working on some college and try again next year. Eventually you'll either have a degree or you'll be on a board where they don't put as much emphasis on civilian education.

Submitted my updates yesterday. Increased my APFT score from 276-285. Updated my resume, had a couple grammar corrections and I noticed I did not upload my Military training portion. Glad I caught it.

• Like 1