May 2015 WOFT Board

What would you guys suggest we do in order to prepare?

Also, I'll be bringing my 5 year old and my wife with me. What's on post housing like?

Dude I went from civilian to BCT to WOCS. I didn't prepare for crap and I got through without getting in trouble once. You can buy a WOC SOP from the hanger but really man, you don't need to do a think to prepare. On post housing is really nice in the Bowden Terrace neighborhood. The rest are old duplexes.

• Like 1

Dude seriously... honor grads for BCT and OSUT? Awarded to the private that drools on himself the least?

Yeah that's what I mean, don't do squat, get honor grad. Lol
  • Like 1

What would you guys suggest we do in order to prepare?

Also, I'll be bringing my 5 year old and my wife with me. What's on post housing like?

It's not too shabby.

Congratulations! I was selected a year ago and finally started flying a few weeks ago. Next time this year all of you will probably be flying!

• Like 3

One more night... Best to everyone... I won't say "luck" because I am a firm believer that the only way to have made it here is by hard work. The application checklist in itself can be a daunting task so we are all already a step ahead of our peers. Keep driving on and keep your eye on the prize, if not tomorrow, then September or next year. Good night and congrats to everyone who has already been notified on their future path into aviation.

• Like 2

BCT is the easiest thing you're going to do. Enjoy being a private. Don't talk, do what you're told, get honor grad. Too easy

Ha, talking to a chief buddy of mine, being a PVT is better than being a cadet/WO1. Seriosly tho, basic is a cake walk these days. Just having the ability to put together a competent enough packet for selection puts you well ahead of most of the other PVTs that you will go thru basic with.

SELECTED.

Thanks to USCAV19D for the tip off, it kept me from getting too excited in the office when the call did come through. Gotta keep this job atleast a little while longer in case it's a couple months till basic. Regardless, BCT as an E-6 here I come!

• Like 5

SELECTED.

Thanks to USCAV19D for the tip off, it kept me from getting too excited in the office when the call did come through. Gotta keep this job atleast a little while longer in case it's a couple months till basic. Regardless, BCT as an E-6 here I come!

Dude if they try to send me through BCT... ugh...

On top of that I had to turn in all my crap back to the National Guard when I started this whole process. I have uniform items but that's it. Guess I'll be hitting up Ranger Joes.

SELECTED.

There was a E-6 going through basic for WOFT when I went through. They had a good deal going.

From the Army, or another branch?

Luckily for me, I never had a break in service. After 5 years on Active I seamlessly transferred to the Guard. On Monday I hope to seamlessly transfer back to Active. I don't know why they'd make me do BCT again, and I'm sure if I had to it wouldn't be a problem. I doubt that BCT at Leonard Wood or Jackson can't be as loathsome as the time spent at Knox for 19D OSUT.

They're not going to send an E-6 through BCT. If someone does, you need to spend time finding the regs to discount it. I was an E-7 SEAL and the day I went to MEPs and swore into the Army, a well meaning SSG attempted to give me orders to basic...wrong, it doesn't work that way.

Mike-

• Like 1

Hahaha, that's what I like to hear! I suspect a senior NCO with a SOF background might have more pull than a junior NCO with a equally-badass-though-different (chicks dig scouts) background. Still, f**k that noise. I did that silly song and dance once, I don't intend to do it again.

USCav19D, you're good, no basic.

They're not going to send an E-6 through BCT. If someone does, you need to spend time finding the regs to discount it. I was an E-7 SEAL and the day I went to MEPs and swore into the Army, a well meaning SSG attempted to give me orders to basic...wrong, it doesn't work that way.

Mike-

Depends solely on what exactly your prior service is:

ATTENTION ALL SISTER SERVICE APPLICANTS: Any sister service applicant who has not successfully completed an Army Basic Training, Warrior Transition Course, Marine Basic Training, Air Force or Navy Special Operations Forces, Air Force Tactical Air Control Training or Air Force Security Police Training will be required to attend Army Basic Training prior to attendance to WOCS.

So rank doesn't matter, just that you've completed something that the Army deems worthy to count for BCT. If I ever get through this process, I will find myself in Army Basic, probably same rank as my DS, maybe higher lol.

Also, Congrats to all the selectees! I envy you. With the selection rate seemingly so high on the civilian side, idk what I'm doing with my life.

USCav19D, you're good, no basic.

Depends solely on what exactly your prior service is:

ATTENTION ALL SISTER SERVICE APPLICANTS: Any sister service applicant who has not successfully completed an Army Basic Training, Warrior Transition Course, Marine Basic Training, Air Force or Navy Special Operations Forces, Air Force Tactical Air Control Training or Air Force Security Police Training will be required to attend Army Basic Training prior to attendance to WOCS.

So rank doesn't matter, just that you've completed something that the Army deems worthy to count for BCT. If I ever get through this process, I will find myself in Army Basic, probably same rank as my DS, maybe higher lol.

Also, Congrats to all the selectees! I envy you. With the selection rate seemingly so high on the civilian side, idk what I'm doing with my life.

Yeah I saw that on the USAREC page as well. We'll see how well versed MEPS is in the letter of the law, so to speak.

The selection rate this month was 88.5%. Get your packet in!

• Like 1

Same here. It's time to rack out over here in Korea. Hopefully I will be waking up to the list being out.

If any of you active guys check HRC and it's out, leave a post here so I'll know to run over to my office.

Hey man, shoot me your name and a number or something and I'll check the list when it drops for ya if you want

From the Army, or another branch?

Luckily for me, I never had a break in service. After 5 years on Active I seamlessly transferred to the Guard. On Monday I hope to seamlessly transfer back to Active. I don't know why they'd make me do BCT again, and I'm sure if I had to it wouldn't be a problem. I doubt that BCT at Leonard Wood or Jackson can't be as loathsome as the time spent at Knox for 19D OSUT.

The E-6 was Air Force, we also had an E-5 from the Navy.