May 2015 WOFT Board

Im fine with going through bct, theres some skills the navy doesnt bother with and vice versa (fire fighting comes to mind). I already tried to get out of it with the NECC i have from the army when we trained with them for two months in ft bliss prior to my deployment. By the workload it was more in depth than air force security course that is acceptable, but its obscure enough that it was never added to the list of approved alternatives.

As a civilian, basic should be interesting since I've worked my ass off to be well over a 300APFT shape-wise, but I have a sh*t-ton to learn. Like someone else said on here, WOFT guys sure do have an advantage in that regard over the average boot.

Hope to see all you AD guys get selected, I'm rooting for y'all!

Anybody else getting emotionally amped yet? 33 years old, nice house in the suburbs of Cincinnati, great job as an accountant making $55K a year for a billion dollar company, married with a seven year old daughter finishing first grade and a three year old son. Talk about a leap of faith. Crazy part is I have zero doubts in my abilities to succeed here.

I have already done so much in this life leading up to this point. Five years as a firefighter in the Navy out in San Diego, traveling around the world four different times to 16 countries, going to college obtaining three degrees and a pilots license on flight training scholarships and awards, racing my sport bikes, and getting married to my best friend having two beautiful children. My friends and family are now asking me why I cant just enjoy life? Why I feel like I have something more to prove by doing this. This means taking the next step for my country that gave so much to me. I will give it my very best to my very end for her.

• Like 1

I'm definitely emotionally amped. Sitting in the MEPS waiting room, just twiddling my thumbs until the Army office calls me in and tells me my ship date.

I get chills everytime I think about how rewarding this adventure will be, and how excited I am to get it started.

• Like 1

I'm definitely emotionally amped. Sitting in the MEPS waiting room, just twiddling my thumbs until the Army office calls me in and tells me my ship date.

I get chills everytime I think about how rewarding this adventure will be, and how excited I am to get it started.

Pro tip if you want an earlier ship date ask for one.

Hey everybody, don't forget to update the "What Are My Chances? Check Out the Stats of Selected Members HERE" forum. It's always good for us new guys to see what it takes to make it.

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/topic/16159-what-are-my-chances-check-out-the-stats-of-selected-members-here/page-6

oh and congratulations to everyone selected!