May 2015 WOFT Board

Congrats, I saw the list of selected on Army Times. If any of you will be in WOCS 15-023 please feel free to message me so I can get to know you before school.

I don't have the class number yet, but I do know that it starts August 19th.

I start WOCS August 19th as well! That's pretty cool some of us will be in the same class.

On another note, I have a 2 week period from the end of basic to the start of WOCS. Will I be able to go home for a bit during that time, or do I need to report right after BCT?

• Like 1

I start WOCS August 19th as well! That's pretty cool some of us will be in the same class.

On another note, I have a 2 week period from the end of basic to the start of WOCS. Will I be able to go home for a bit during that time, or do I need to report right after BCT?

You will go straight to WOCS and stay at HHC in snowbird status. Use this time to square away anything you need, study the wocsop, and stencil your stuff. You will have a good bit of downtime.

• Like 1

How the heck are you guys all getting your class dates? Is it because your civilians or inter-service? I'm AD Army and got selected yesterday, but haven't heard anything about class date.

I was selected in January. So I've just been waiting patiently... a lot of hurry up and wait as usual. I'm NG.

You will go straight to WOCS and stay at HHC in snowbird status. Use this time to square away anything you need, study the wocsop, and stencil your stuff. You will have a good bit of downtime.

Thanks!

I checked my orders through my unit and I saw the class number when they reserved my seat.

Ah, got it. I'm currently in the Guard as well, but applied for Active Doody through street-to-seat. Did the MEPS song and dance on Monday and all they gave me was a class date. Recruiter says no orders until I head to MEPS to ship, which is really crappy. I'll need them a lot earlier to make arrangements for my family, so now I get to hound the poor bastard about something else.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing you guys there. This is going to be one hell of an adventure!

Ah, got it. I'm currently in the Guard as well, but applied for Active Doody through street-to-seat. Did the MEPS song and dance on Monday and all they gave me was a class date. Recruiter says no orders until I head to MEPS to ship, which is really crappy. I'll need them a lot earlier to make arrangements for my family, so now I get to hound the poor bastard about something else.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing you guys there. This is going to be one hell of an adventure!

MEPS doesn't usually cut orders until the day of because so many people (boot campers) no-show.

You should have gotten a course reservation sheet and a new contract. I know its not exactly what you're looking for.

The recruiting 1SG might be able to call OPS at the Recruiting BN and work something, but they don't really control the orders/ have real command over MEPS.

MEPS doesn't usually cut orders until the day of because so many people (boot campers) no-show.

You should have gotten a course reservation sheet and a new contract. I know its not exactly what you're looking for.

The recruiting 1SG might be able to call OPS at the Recruiting BN and work something, but they don't really control the orders/ have real command over MEPS.

That's exactly what I got. Already contacted my recruiter who is talking with the BN 3 shop to get my orders. You, sir, know your stuff.