May 2015 WOFT Board

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am back again. Had some issues come up with getting my BN LOR, and missed the November board. Got things worked out, and I verified my packet is board ready earlier this week. Just playing the waiting game now.

Rank/TIG/TIS: SSG/14 months/10 years.

GT: 129
SIFT: 76
Education: Associate's GPA 3.4

​Mil Ed: WLC Commandant's list, ALC scheduled for October(hopefully be omw to Rucker before then).
Aviation Experience: Just some orientation/intro flights
LOR's: Company, BN, and BDE Standardization Officer for my CW5
APFT: 269, will take another one before the April 30 cutoff to get it back to 290 or higher.
Flight physical: Stamped the same date I took it. Gotta love the time dif being in Korea.
No waivers needed.

Third time applying. Pretty optimistic this go around. Only black eye on my packet is a crappy NCOER from my first unit. Hoping the good outweighs the bad.

Civillian applicant submitting my first packet.

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 98/138

SIFT: 71

APFT: 257 (hoping to improve on a retake)

EDUCATION: B.S. in Fine Art from the University of Oregon

FLIGHT: None

CLASS 1 PHYSICAL: Completed

BOARD: 75/75 - received a recommendation from the battalion commander

LORS:

-Retired Navy Captain (O-6) Aviator who rose to command a ship, with 30 years in uniform, wrote me a very detailed 2 page LOR. Couldn't be a better letter from a great man.

-Vice President of Columbia Helicopters who was a former Army CW2 pilot in Vietnam.

-Former supervisor who is currently a Police Officer.

WAIVERS: None

• Like 1

Battalion should notify you within a month as to whether a waiver is approved or not. They have up to 6 weeks which is abnormal if it takes that long. I can vouch that if you are not notified that your waiver was approved, the board will not see your packet. Recruiters dropped the ball on my age waiver submitting it 10 days prior to Jan. 15 board and my packet was not even seen. The waiver was ultimately approved on Feb. 2, and I was notified the next day. I am now waiting for the next board in May. Recruiters can make or break a civilian packet. I learned that the hard way. Even the civilian has got to take initiative and push things on their own. My packet should have been up for the Nov. 2014 board, and if it was I would not even have needed an age waiver. They sat on scheduling my battalion board for four months though and the domino effect has me sitting here in April 2015 (a full year since starting my packet process) waiting on my first selection board in May.

AD applicant. Packet is board ready for the May board.

Stats:

GT: 121

SIFT: 69

APFT: 275

Education: 40 credit hours toward B.A. 2.97 GPA (Prior to enlisting)

Physical: Stamped and approved

Military: 10 yrs AD Army, CL in ALC, NCOERs all 1/1 with my first one a 1/2, 2 Iraq deployments, 1 Afghanistan deployment

LOR: CC and BN CDR and CW5 160th Aviator.

Another long time lurker here. My packet has been submitted for the May board (although I still have to do my Battalion Board interview, which has already been scheduled).

ASVAB: AFQT-95; GT-128

SIFT: 62

APFT: 294

Education: AA in General Studies

Physical: Approved as of January 9, 2015

LORs: 0-6 Army Aviator (AH-64D), 0-6 Aviator (UH-60M, Brigade commander at Ft. Rucker) 0-6 Aviator (AH-64D), CW5 aviator (AH-64D), retired GS-15 Director of Air Operations for Border Patrol

Waiting on that Battalion Board interview and then the selection board.

Another long time lurker here. My packet has been submitted for the May board (although I still have to do my Battalion Board interview, which has already been scheduled).

ASVAB: AFQT-95; GT-128

SIFT: 62

APFT: 294

Education: AA in General Studies

Physical: Approved as of January 9, 2015

LORs: 0-6 Army Aviator (AH-64D), 0-6 Aviator (UH-60M, Brigade commander at Ft. Rucker) 0-6 Aviator (AH-64D), CW5 aviator (AH-64D), retired GS-15 Director of Air Operations for Border Patrol

Waiting on that Battalion Board interview and then the selection board.

Where are you meeting all of these full birds and unicorns?

Anyways, my 368 was magically approved on time and my board was yesterday. Packet is submitted, so now the real waiting game begins.

Ajreidy when did they schedule your interview? I'm no expert by any means but I was told that the deadline for submission is May 1 and that a packet can't be submitted unless complete. Don't mean to be a downer, just confusing to me that they told you they submitted your packet without the battalion board scores. Unless you aren't a civilian applicant?

Where are you meeting all of these full birds and unicorns?

Anyways, my 368 was magically approved on time and my board was yesterday. Packet is submitted, so now the real waiting game begins.

Did you get in on the May board after all?

I honestly had the same worries about the deadline, but the company commander of my local recruiting company pretty much assured me that the results of my battalion board would be sent to USAREC in time to be looked at for the selection board. I sure hope he's right.

And they scheduled my interview for the 13th of May. Trust me I was skeptical when they told me the date, seeing as how that is the week the selection board meets. I'm putting my faith in them, but if they end up being wrong, I guess I'll just have to go for July.

Got email confirmation that the updates I sent in last week have been added to my board packet. Sent in new pt score, up to 283 from 269, and had my S1 make some erb updates. They added the overseas service ribbon, for my time here in Korea, which makes my DA photo rack short a ribbon, hopefully not a problem. Getting close, trying not to think about it, and tell myself I don't really care one way or the other, but I know I want this. Been working towards it since switching to active duty Army. Hopefully the third time really is the charm.

• Like 2

And they scheduled my interview for the 13th of May. Trust me I was skeptical when they told me the date, seeing as how that is the week the selection board meets. I'm putting my faith in them, but if they end up being wrong, I guess I'll just have to go for July.

I'm not a recruiter, so don't take what I have to say as the gospel truth... That said, I don't think there's any way in hell you're going to make the May board if you don't sit before your battalion until the 13th. From that board your packet still has to go to brigade before it even arrives as USAREC.

You should be golden like a shower for July, your stats look solid. Good luck on the board.

I don't forsee that mid flight school transfer happening...

Some of us love to live life dangerously. I'm slotted for apaches and guard and mid flight school

I'm internet-friend with a former C-5 loadmaster turned Apache student pilot that successfully transferred to Active Doody while a Rucker. It can happen.