May 2015 WOFT Board

Oh boy.... I lovingly refer to 2nd LT's as "Lieutards"

Go easy on the LTs, most are no dumber then we were when we were 22. If you stay in Army aviation long enough one of those "Lieutards" are guaranteed to be your commander at some level, and they have the recall capacity of genetically enhanced elephants.

Mike-

• Like 2

I'm internet-friend with a former C-5 loadmaster turned Apache student pilot that successfully transferred to Active Doody while a Rucker. It can happen.

Didn't say it's impossible just not commonly done or approved

I second this.

A friend of a friend has always done something, somewhere, at some time, but the bottom line is if you want to go active duty aviation, trying to go guard first and the sliding over mid-flight school is a terrible plan.

Especially during a draw down.

160th needs folks right now. They can pull you out of your guard unit when you get back.

I ate supper with a W5 from Rucker the other night and he made a interesting comment about boards/packets/WOFT

The Army makes the process a huge pain and long and stressful and annoying just to screen people out before the get go.

Just getting though the process takes a lot of determination.

Very very few make it Rucker who just "kind of wanted" or "just threw a packet together" and actually make it.

It's one reason I think the drop out rate is sooooo low. No-one wants to bust their ass for 18 months trying to get there and then just quit.

I wanted to reach out to all the aspiring aviators. I'm graduating on the 21st and I can say this has been the most rewarding experience of my life. All of the hard work the last 18 months has come to fruitation and I couldn't have been happier with the decision I made 2 years ago. Keep your heads up, don't take no for answer, and continue to work hard. Good luck with the board, flight school is a lot of work and worth every minute.

• Like 6

I second this.

A friend of a friend has always done something, somewhere, at some time, but the bottom line is if you want to go active duty aviation, trying to go guard first and the sliding over mid-flight school is a terrible plan.

Especially during a draw down.

160th needs folks right now. They can pull you out of your guard unit when you get back.

Certainly. I'm just saying that it isn't unheard of.

I noticed while lurking the forum for the January selection that the list of those who were accepted came out around the last day of the board although I have read that selection usually happens 2 weeks after the board conviens. Does anyone know precisely when we should expect results?

Oh and good luck everyone!

As I am civilian, does USAREC normally send a message down to my recruiting station? Or do I need to hound my recruiter (as usual haha) to check for me later this week?

oh and

THE MINUTES ARE DRAGGING..

I heard my phone beep and I nearly had an anxiety attack!

In the past I've heard of the recruiting battalion commander calling people, but I wouldn't be surprised if the station commander or the individual recruiter calls. The station commander handled my packet, and he's put in 3 WOCS applicants in the past few years. Hopefully that means he has is sh*t together.

I asked my recruiter

As I am civilian, does USAREC normally send a message down to my recruiting station? Or do I need to hound my recruiter (as usual haha) to check for me later this week?

oh and

THE MINUTES ARE DRAGGING..

I asked my recruiter this question yesterday, I couldn't resist checking in for an update. He said that battalion gets notified first. Oddly enough, there is a rather sharp civilian who puts through all OCS/WOFT packets at my battalion level. He said that she would be the first one to find out.