Time Building Opportunity, $100/hr R22 (Fully Fuelled, w/ CFI)

HELICOPTER TIME BUILDING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE IN THE ROBINSON R-22.. $100/hr, fully fuelled with a CFI. No additional expenses. Based in Miami area.

We are chasing birds over row crop. It's all low level work and fun. Come fly 1 hour or fly 100 hours. Main operating times are early morning and early evening.

(561) 600-8885

• 2 weeks later...

Today was my last day flying with helikiwi500 and I honestly don't have anything negative to say about it. I was there for 11 days and got to fly every day. I logged about 45 hours (finally enough for the SFAR73 sign off) and it was great! Definitely a very good experience since it's some real life flying, outside of that "flight school bubble". Thomas is a great guy and knows exactly what he's doing and I'm sure if you decide to go there for some hour building, you will learn a couple of useful things from him and you will not regret it.

And I also got a free Agroflite t-shirt which I thought was a nice gesture and a cool reminder of a great time.

Thanks again helikiwi!

Can you provide more details? I'm interested, but instead of asking for more details through a phone call, please tell everyone.

What is row crop? How many hours per day? Which airport do you fly out of so I can look up plane tickets and hotels in that area. Is this Monday-Friday only?

I can see myself flying out there for a 4 day stretch and I would probably need to fly for at least 10hrs total just to break even on airfare/hotel costs, so I would probably like to log 20hrs to make it worth the effort.

Today was my last day flying with helikiwi500 and I honestly don't have anything negative to say about it. I was there for 11 days and got to fly every day. I logged about 45 hours (finally enough for the SFAR73 sign off) and it was great! Definitely a very good experience since it's some real life flying, outside of that "flight school bubble". Thomas is a great guy and knows exactly what he's doing and I'm sure if you decide to go there for some hour building, you will learn a couple of useful things from him and you will not regret it.

And I also got a free Agroflite t-shirt which I thought was a nice gesture and a cool reminder of a great time.

Thanks again helikiwi!

Harry, it was great flying with you. Good luck on finding employment in the industry. Keep in touch and let me know how everything is going. Be safe!

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished 11 days with Thomas, logging over 30 hours. I had no idea how exhilarating bird chasing could be.. it is all low-level very fast paced aggressive flying.. tons of fun. The flying is challenging and Thomas is a good teacher and very agreeable guy. I promise you'll learn something--and you can't beat the price. Anyone who needs to build some time or who is looking to enter the ag industry as a pilot should take advantage of this opportunity.

Nice duplicate posts from 'different' users. Seems like a totally reputable business LOL.

Why the negativity? Maybe we just both experienced it as a very good time so I don't see what's wrong with that. And you could just contact helikiwi500 and speak to him in person and clarify your concerns before making a negative comment.

• 4 weeks later...

Im 4 days into my 7 day trip after signing up for this bird chasing trip over a month ago. I currently have logged zero hours and havent even met thomas face to face. I plan to write a more detailed timeline of what happened, but for now i would just take this as a word of caution if you were planning to sign up. I will be back home in california next week and will post when i can type on my laptop instead of my iphone.

Harold was briefed that operations were most likely going to cease 24 hrs prior to his departure. Yet he still came. He was scheduled to fly March 17-23rd. Our contract for the bird chasing was to last until March 27th. All of our flying is dependent on how bad the birds are at the time. If they're bad, we fly a lot. If they are not bad or not present, we don't fly. All of this was explained to Harold, well over a month ago. He was briefed there were no guarantees of flight hours, as it strictly is dependent on the bird situation in the corn. I'm sorry you feel you have been cheated Harold, but I did tell you operations were most likely going to cease, but if things did pick up, we would fly together as much as needed. Some time builders came out only wanting 20 hrs and flew 40+ hrs, while others came out wanting to fly 50 hrs and only flew 10. We are dealing with animals here and only fly when necessary to remedy the bird problem. We advise everyone interested, that flight time is dependent on the bird problem. I'm sorry you did not get to fly Harold. The reason you never met me was because I left to have a few days off, as the birds were not present and the farmer wanted to cease bird chasing operations. If you can make it out in a couple weeks to West Palm Beach, you can fly free for one week.

Im 4 days into my 7 day trip after signing up for this bird chasing trip over a month ago. I currently have logged zero hours and havent even met thomas face to face. I plan to write a more detailed timeline of what happened, but for now i would just take this as a word of caution if you were planning to sign up. I will be back home in california next week and will post when i can type on my laptop instead of my iphone.

Well you're already in Florida, call boatpix.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...