Do they need pilots?

Okay so I've heard rumors from enlisted friends that the army needs pilots and blah blah blah. I talked to a recruiter about a year ago, took the asvab and that as far as I went. Recently a different recruiter from the same office called me asking about my civilian flight experience and if I'm still interested in WOFT....which got me thinking......kind of weird for a cold call a year later, does the army actually need pilots?

The Army always needs pilots. Even when they have too many (like they do now) they'll still bring in new pilots to keep the experience levels balanced.

However that call you got had nothing to do with a need for pilots, that recruiter was just following up on old leads because they're more persistent than used car salesmen.

• Like 1

The Army always needs pilots. Even when they have too many (like they do now) they'll still bring in new pilots to keep the experience levels balanced.

However that call you got had nothing to do with a need for pilots, that recruiter was just following up on old leads because they're more persistent than used car salesmen.

Ive seen that before but never after a year of no contact haha

Ive seen that before but never after a year of no contact haha

I can kinda beat that.

I enlisted in 2007. When I was home on leave in 2009, pre-deployment leave at that, I got a call from a corporal at a recruiting station that wondered if I was still interested in enlisting. I informed him of my situation and we both got a decent laugh about it. Apparently these mistakes aren't all that uncommon.

I don't know, I mean I got this same contact cold call in June of 2014. In the almost seven months I have been working with my recruiter, I have never been asked about enlisting into another job to later go into WOFT. It has always been WOFT or nothing. I am finally up for the January board.

• Like 1