Helicopter Training in NH/Massachusetts

Looking to get my PPL and then likely continue up to CFII, all part time. I live in NH along the Massachusetts border (moving isn't really an option and an hour or so drive to the facility would be max).

Wondering if anyone has experience training with East Coast Aero Club, CR Helicopters or Seacoast Helicopters and could provide some feedback on the program and pros\cons.

Thanks for any insight. Feel free to PM.

Hello,

My name is Bruce and I am the owner/operator of Seacoast Helicopters. We have programs and personnel to help you achieve any level of licensure that you desire. Our fleet of helicopters is brand new, well maintained and immaculate. Our facilities are new, warm, friendly and family-oriented. We take a personal approach to instruction and our instructors are all veterans, professional, highly-competent and personable. Our rates are the lowest in the country and we fly out of an airport with 24 hour control tower, multiple instrument approaches, 2 1/4 mile runway and is kept in tip-top condition due to there being an ANG wing here. On top of all that, we fly in the beautiful seacoast area where the backdrop for your training is beautiful beaches, bridges, maritime activities and the beautiful city of Portsmouth. Please call me for more details at 603.373.8743. Thank you

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Smoltz,

CR and East Coast are both fine schools last I heard, though I was down at Boston Helicopters in North Andover. They are different, and will definitely have a different feel to them so stop in and talk, that is always the best way to get an idea. Seacoast is relatively new to the area and I haven't met them (Hi Bruce!).

Honestly stop in and talk, see who you feel most comfortable working with. I wouldn't raise red flags about any of these operators even if I were in the business of bashing flight schools on the forum, but I can't stress enough that this is an individual decision and how you get along with the people at the school is key.