Selection today

Warrants have been very guard heavy lately, which also explains a lot about the recent bubbles. And word on the street is that the FW slots will be coming.

Do not want. Do not.

You have to look at FW in the same aspect of RW, as in, picking the mission not the helicopter. Every airframe has a corresponding personality.

You have to look at FW in the same aspect of RW, as in, picking the mission not the helicopter. Every airframe has a corresponding personality.

That's exactly what I mean. The aircraft are all amazing and perfect for what they do. But air assault is not attack is not lift is not VIP is not Medevac, etc.

Plus 153A = ROTARY wing aviator :lol: can't just go changing the parameters on us, unless of course the Army finally does the right thing and takes the CAS mission from the air force!

That's exactly what I mean. The aircraft are all amazing and perfect for what they do. But air assault is not attack is not lift is not VIP is not Medevac, etc.

Plus 153A = ROTARY wing aviator :lol: can't just go changing the parameters on us, unless of course the Army finally does the right thing and takes the CAS mission from the air force!

Dude if they gave us the CAS mission back I'd be the first in line to take a crack at the Warthog. A pipe dream, but a hell of a nice one.

I guess that's a great way to look at it, still must be tough though when someone has their mind set on a specific helo.

Yup, everyone says pick the mission, but sometimes big army says "mission not available right now, so we're gunna choose for you". Seems like an inefficient way of doing business for both Aviators and HQDA, but it is what it is.

Spouses? At selection? That's just idiotic. In a room where individuals are making career decisions, some not getting their Airframe of choice, or people are making decisions that can influence the career of the individual sitting next to them; Spouses do not belong there.

How are you as a selectee suppose to react when a spouse gets upset over their soldiers selection, or a spouse is upset because you selected the last available, which was their SO's airframe of choice. What about the spouse who is sitting in the room and their SO is the last to select because he/she was the bottom of the OML? It's a bad move by the Command.

Furthermore, involving the spouse in selection opens the Command to complaints by Spouses.

What's next? Spouse's approval signature on selection boards? Spouse visitation in SERE school? Spouses attending promotion boards?

Even my wife said "Why?"

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just witnessed the wildest selection.

LTs

7 Apaches

2 Blackhawks

WOs

2 Apaches

1 Chinook

1 C-12

For the warrants, the two apaches went first, then C-12, and last guy got 47s. I reiterate, zero Blackhawks for Warrants.

The C-12 guy will go through the A/L course, then FW transition and "never fly helicopters in the Army again."

• Like 1