Selection today

This time of year you've got tons of West Pointers and ROTC folks. Then there's always going to be a percentage of the Warrants that are Guard or Reserves.

He seemed ok with it. Yes deegs those were the only two available. Only 2 AD warrants this time.

Ok thanks. Maybe I'm confused about how selection actually works...do they only have as many aircraft available as pilots? It just seems that with the smaller class size they would have their pick of any aircraft as it seems almost all large selections have at least 1 of each available.

At least you could get dual rated.....

I'd rather pay for it out of my own pocket than do it for a living, particularly at this stage of my career.

• Like 2

Be thankful that you've been on selection hold so far, then?

On the flip side, if I'd selected with my class then there would have been zero possibility of fixed wing.

What is the hold up on your selection? I had reconstructive shoulder surgery between the 67 and Apache, still selected with my class, and didn't miss my class date.

Mono.