Selection today

I've had a solid few months to really give it some thought. Really, though, I'll be happy with any of them (except, ahem, fixed wing ;-) )

Not to be "that guy" peppering you with questions. But do you know how many people are in your class selecting? Just curious about how this bit works.

Not to be "that guy" peppering you with questions. But do you know how many people are in your class selecting? Just curious about how this bit works.

No worries! God knows I've done it a ton around here. All I know about this class is that there should be six of us total selecting, on the Active Duty Warrant side. Unsure about the LTs.

64/60/47 in that order.

Best thing I've read all day... They aren't putting you at the bottom of the OML because of close hold are they?

Edited by Yamer
  • Like 1

Best thing I've read all day... They aren't putting you at the bottom of the OML because of close hold are they?

Nope, although this morning they had me down as a diagnostic APFT and I was like..."you realize I've never failed one, right? So this should be for record..."

So they tried. It should all be straightened out now though.

They are all good. Good luck on wedsday Lindsey, hope you get that 64.

On another note, what's up with these small class sizes? there was like 40 people in my selection.

Thanks Joe. It's just that time of year. Lots of West Pointers/ROTC etc, and then of course you have about half of the Warrants that are left are Guard/Reserve.

A whole class is like 30-35 it seems lately. You've got, say, 20 LTs because of WP/ROTC, and half the remaining WO are Guard/Reserve like I said. It's my understanding that classes overall were much larger a few years ago. 70-80?

At the end of the day, your worst possible scenario makes you an aviation warrant officer in the United States Army. Nothing that happens tomorrow can take that away.

Oh now you've really jinxed it!