Selection today

Let's be real here. The Army does not have one ounce of concern about OpSec. If they did we wouldn't have an endless stream of social media websites, open source unit pages, letters from company, battalion, and brigade commanders online, etc. Give me a unit name and in 30 minutes I'll have pages and pages of info, including personal info and pictures. That's without really trying.

I try to maintain some semblance of OpSec for my own personal life. Unfortunately, the Army does not practice what they preach.

Prove it. Show us what you can find about any CIF company in the US Army.

Most of the Army has no OPSEC, but the units that NEED it have it.

• Like 1

I sat in an RT today, and watched a 47 hook up and hoist a block for a terrain flight traffic pattern. LITERALLY the most boring this I've ever seen in my life... Is that what the 47 community has for their claim to fame?

If you're going to rep the attack community, please don't make such strategically ignorant statements in public forums.

• Like 1

If you're going to rep the attack community, please don't make such strategically ignorant statements in public forums.

Exactly what part of my statement was ignorant being that I was actually there, watching the maneuver happen? Although you are right, I don't know much about the 47 community... But then again, that's why I asked about it being the claim to fame.

Yamer didn't even mention anything about a 64, or any other aircraft for that matter. His idea of boring is nothing more then an opinion. Why's everyone so jumpy. It's not like he's acting like shindig jeez...

It's cause they know I'm an attack guy. Everyone instantly gets defensive when you start talking about their precious baby, just like I do.

I was a former 47 guy and the mission is amazing, even as a new 64 guy I miss it ever since I put my packet it. Not saying this is you Yamer, but I always got tired of of other brand new WO1s talking sh*t on other airframes and acting like they know everything about aviation cus they have 20 flight hours, once again not saying that what you was doing Yamer.

• Like 3

I would reply more specifically to the comment to me about OpSec but there's just too much hate going on in this thread for it to be meaningful. I stand by it though. OpSec doesn't exist to anyone that scratches more than just the surface. At the risk of being political, if it is a common practice to use private servers for classified info, it is all open source to the whole world. Just ask Hillary.

The statement that "the units that need it have it" is very false. Anyone in such a unit will tell you that if you assume nobody knows, you're in for a world of hurt. You always assume someone knows, and chances are they do. It is dangerous to assume they don't know. It is ignorant to think your leaders weren't the ones to let it slip.

Exactly what part of my statement was ignorant being that I was actually there, watching the maneuver happen? Although you are right, I don't know much about the 47 community... But then again, that's why I asked about it being the claim to fame.

I'm really not trying to be a jerk man, I just think the CH47 is an incredible aircraft. Personally I only ever had eyes for 64's and I can legitimately say that the Apache is the only reason I dropped a flight packet to begin with. In my eyes, it is the greatest aircraft ever built.

But I also know that my combat missions as a ground dude would have been impossible had it not been for all of the other aircraft supporting us. Chinooks may seem boring, but having one hover inches above your head in a stable hover while you hook up a slingload is really quite a sight to behold. They're not my cup of tea at all but they enable us to go places and do things that we could never do without them.

• Like 1

I would reply more specifically to the comment to me about OpSec but there's just too much hate going on in this thread for it to be meaningful. I stand by it though. OpSec doesn't exist to anyone that scratches more than just the surface. At the risk of being political, if it is a common practice to use private servers for classified info, it is all open source to the whole world. Just ask Hillary.

The statement that "the units that need it have it" is very false. Anyone in such a unit will tell you that if you assume nobody knows, you're in for a world of hurt. You always assume someone knows, and chances are they do. It is dangerous to assume they don't know. It is ignorant to think your leaders weren't the ones to let it slip.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. The real proof of the pudding for classified info is whether the enemy knows our plan and can stop us before we act. Yes, we leak stuff to open source accidentally (negligently) and on purpose. But do you think it really matters that Putin knows that 1-69th Aviation Unit is deploying to Asscrackistan on the 69th of June? As far as we're concerned that's just good advertising, cause you know for a fact that Russia cannot duplicate what we do. Russia is scared of us militarily because they know they can't do what we can do. That's how we won the Cold War, we outspent the USSR and they went broke trying to keep up. They know they can't hang with us, and the reason they know is what they see online. China is now going broke trying to play in the big leagues, they just cut 300,000 dudes from their army cause their economy is tanking and they can't afford to play.

By the way, CIF stands for Commanders In Extremis Force.

I'm really not trying to be a jerk man, I just think the CH47 is an incredible aircraft. Personally I only ever had eyes for 64's and I can legitimately say that the Apache is the only reason I dropped a flight packet to begin with. In my eyes, it is the greatest aircraft ever built.

But I also know that my combat missions as a ground dude would have been impossible had it not been for all of the other aircraft supporting us. Chinooks may seem boring, but having one hover inches above your head in a stable hover while you hook up a slingload is really quite a sight to behold. They're not my cup of tea at all but they enable us to go places and do things that we could never do without them.

I agree

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. The real proof of the pudding for classified info is whether the enemy knows our plan and can stop us before we act. Yes, we leak stuff to open source accidentally (negligently) and on purpose. But do you think it really matters that Putin knows that 1-69th Aviation Unit is deploying to Asscrackistan on the 69th of June? As far as we're concerned that's just good advertising, cause you know for a fact that Russia cannot duplicate what we do. Russia is scared of us militarily because they know they can't do what we can do. That's how we won the Cold War, we outspent the USSR and they went broke trying to keep up. They know they can't hang with us, and the reason they know is what they see online. China is now going broke trying to play in the big leagues, they just cut 300,000 dudes from their army cause their economy is tanking and they can't afford to play.

By the way, CIF stands for Commanders In Extremis Force.

I dont think Putin is scared of anything we put in the air.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Aerospace_Defence_Forces

Putin may be scared of us militarily but not diplomatically, there he destroys our leadership.

IP, I honestly have no idea WTF you're talking about on this one.

Considering the original posts I was referring to have been deleted and edited it doesn't make much sense to me either. The context is gone.

Yeah, I can't believe this conversation is still going. It was gone the second brackac said something.

How long after WOCS is selection day?

Depends on how many bubbles you have, and whether you not you get set back at all. I graduated WOCS on 2 Oct 2013, and selected on 24 Aug 2014. So, about 11 months for me.

Now, if you asked how long between starting Primary and selection, most answers would be pretty much the same, since once you start primary there aren't any bubbles (at least not that I'm aware of). BTW, for me that was 5 months.